Author Topic: Seats and head restraints  (Read 3407 times)

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
Seats and head restraints
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
Picked up my 2011 ES CVT a couple of days ago and I am enjoying its quite and smooth ride. However there is one aspect I have been struggling to get used to and that is the seat position and head restraint (I call it the headrest). Normally I like to have the seat back fairly upright but this causes the headrest to push my head forward and chin down. I have tried to compensate by gradually reclining the seat back so that now my head is more upright but still touching the headrest however only my middle / lower middle back is in contact with the seat my upper back and shoulders aren’t and my head is touching the headrest. I don’t think it is going to be entirely comfortable on a long drive. My wife has the same complaint about the front passenger seat.
I haven’t seen this topic covered on the forum so I assume the seating is acceptable to others but I have to ask...is it just me?

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
Re: Seats and head restraints
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »
Have a look at this thread, http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/68431-possible-lumbar-support-fix.html
It may help with your problem.
I had a similar problem to yours with my 2012 Jazz es, within an hour of driving away from the dealer I found the seats very uncomfortable where they pressed into the small of my back.
I modified both my seats as in the above thread, very easily done using 2 cable ties per seat and immediately found a comfortable position. The active head restraints are worked by that big lump halfway up the seat back, and the cable ties allow you to customise the position- you may still need to recline the seat slightly, but should get support for your back.
It may be worth a try, if it doesn't work for you , you just remove the cable ties.
The seat cover unzips at the back to expose the above mechanism.
I hope this helps.

Tags: