Author Topic: Help  (Read 2621 times)

guest7018

Help
« on: July 19, 2017, 12:30:22 PM »
Hi I'm martyn from appledore Kent just got a jazz on 05reg and anyone out there near me who got spare fuses as the ones I got don't fit would pay cash for them if needed

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:57:43 PM »
I assume you mean the ones inside the car, not the heavy duty ones under the bonnet.

The Jazz has mini blade fuses, you can probably get them at the petrol station if Halfords is too far away.

You can swap the same colour fuses around if needed, i.e. swap 'power window relay circuit' for 'turn signal / hazard flasher circuit'.  Also there are slots at the end of the row for spare fuses, you might have a few there.  This chart shows what goes where - http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/K0/SAA2EK0J54260400000CBAT00.HTML

Next time you'll get more response if you post a question under the Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 section.
--
TG

guest7018

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
I popped a new fuse in and it blown it so do that mean radio knackerd please help

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:36:33 AM »
Maybe the audio unit is causing trouble, although I've not known them to blow fuses.  Previous owner might have have used that circuit to power something else like a dashcam and ripped it out leaving wiring touching something it shouldn't.

If you just bought the car from a business then worth asking them to sort it out if they had not disclosed a faulty audio unit, alternatively search youtube for a video on how to remove radio (there are two hidden bolts) so you can unplug it and see if that temporarily solves the blown fuse issue.
--
TG

guest7018

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »
I'll have to look at the radio and rip it out now with the space I got is the a dab radio I could put in place of this unit if so what I need a new din surround and head unit is best

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »
Hi bogies

If it were my car, I would not buy a new headunit until finding out why the fuse was blowing. Once corrected, your current headunit should work (subject to it not been the cause of blowing the fuse)

If you then want to install a new headunit, there are a lot of write ups on the forum, which even tell you what you need and have to do to install the headunit

Xtrons do headunits and facia etc....

But if you planning on fitting a new headunit without resolving the fuse issue, your new headunit may not work and you will be in same position you are now

Many thanks

John

Tags:

anything