Author Topic: Tier 3 and above.  (Read 6035 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.3 EX Navi CVT Shining Grey
Re: Tier 3 and above.
« Reply #315 on: November 17, 2020, 10:56:23 AM »
Anecdotally I know of, personally far more cases in this recent spike than in the first one. Indeed both sets of neighbours have had Covid (they are still working so more exposed to infection). One of our neighbours has lupus and was on the initial shielding group during the first lockdown - she is also 64. She was off work for ages whilst shielding and beyond. Anyway she caught it and told us that she was pretty certain she'd die if she got it. In the event she had a bit of a cough and felt desperately tired. Took a test and it was positive. As she came out of the illness she lost her sense of taste and smell.

A former colleague of mine got Covid and it killed him. He was in his early sixties but was super fit.

It's almost impossible to  predict how any given individual will react even allowing for the obvious risk factors.

Needless to say we are playing safe!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #316 on: November 17, 2020, 08:11:05 PM »
So that is 11 areas in Scotland going into Level 4, which is basically a full lockdown and travel restriction will become law at the same time. It will be illegal to travel from one council area to another if you live in a Tier 3 or 4 area exception in specified reasons.
England is talking about strengthening their Tier levels, and IMHO, they should adopt the same levels as Scotland.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #317 on: November 17, 2020, 09:06:54 PM »
So that is 11 areas in Scotland going into Level 4, which is basically a full lockdown and travel restriction will become law at the same time. It will be illegal to travel from one council area to another if you live in a Tier 3 or 4 area exception in specified reasons.
England is talking about strengthening their Tier levels, and IMHO, they should adopt the same levels as Scotland.
And 2 areas will move from tier 3 to tier 2
That's Stirling now in tier 4 not that it's going to make much difference to me.
I think the Scottish 5 tier system was designed to broadly align with the English 3 tier system but the Scottish government had the foresight to make it extendable both ways - a carrot as well as a stick.
If the English lockdown does not prove effective enough they will have to introduce a higher level although whether they will call it tier 4 remains to be seen.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/17/prepare-for-a-low-key-christmas-england-covid-experts-warn
Edit Added link
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:57:39 PM by JimSh »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #318 on: November 17, 2020, 09:28:26 PM »
they will have to introduce a higher level although whether they will call it tier 4 remains to be seen.
Probably not. That would be following Nicola AGAIN.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2020, 03:16:41 PM »
My step-daughter has a new man in her life, and she would like us to meet him before Christmas. Unfortunately, we live in a different council area. We are in Tier 3 (probably going to 4 next week) and her area is going down to Tier 2 on Friday so unless there is a turn around before Christmas it looks like we will have to wait until the big day, assuming the restrictions are lifted in some way. As of Friday, I risk a 60 fine if we go over to her house.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • My Honda: 2013 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2020, 03:44:21 PM »
Zoom or a WhatsApp video call then ?
Let's be careful out there!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »
Not a great way for my wife to meet her prospective future son-in-law. Better to wait for a face-to-face meeting at Christmas.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2020, 08:26:31 PM »
Not a great way for my wife to meet her prospective future son-in-law. Better to wait for a face-to-face meeting at Christmas.

Hope she doesn't take the vetting too far  ;D

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2020, 08:43:56 PM »
The ex-husband was an @r$ehole, so perhaps vetting is necessary. He is up in court next year for mental abuse of his youngest.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2020, 09:26:02 PM »
The ex-husband was an @r$ehole, so perhaps vetting is necessary. He is up in court next year for mental abuse of his youngest.

It's sad that these experiences cast such long shadows. You can't stop it tainting other relationships, it's just human nature.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #325 on: Today at 07:12:22 AM »
I am apprehensive about this Christmas relaxation that is about to be announced. I could see half the old folk who go to family Christmas parties being dead by the end of January. I don't want to go out for Christmas dinner, but my wife insists so I may be one of them.

Scotland celebrates New Year, with first footing and people going from house to house with large quantities of drink consumed. Unless Nicola puts quantities of police on the streets, she will not stop that happening. Not after saying it is okay for Christmas. This will be the final cull before the vaccine starts to take effect.

As for the vaccine, even if it causes you to grow an extra set of ears, it will get a safety certificate. The hype has seen to that.

Once the vaccine is readily available Qantas says that it will not carry passengers who do not have a valid, current vaccination certificate and other carriers around the world have told Qantas, they will operate the same rules.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • My Honda: 2013 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #326 on: Today at 08:22:36 AM »
I agree with you.

I would want to know who will be attending and what is their recent mixing history.

Not long to wait till spring and shortly after the risks should be reducing. With the current daily infection rate it's just not sensible to mix.

Give this Xmas a miss and catch up next year ........ hopefully
Let's be careful out there!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.3 EX Navi CVT Shining Grey
« Reply #327 on: Today at 11:03:29 AM »
Totally agree Kremmen. There is widespread flouting of the household mixing rules already in our street. A green light for Christmas would be super spreading on steroids.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #328 on: Today at 12:03:46 PM »
No mixing for us either.
The mothers collecting children from school 100 meters away don't wear masks and stand talking for minutes before school. The kids mix with other mothers .And they wonder why our local rates are worsening!

Tags: