Author Topic: Broadband/Phone ISP's  (Read 355 times)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 11 Plate Jazz 1.4 Ex CVT
Re: Broadband/Phone ISP's
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »
It is definitely a case of you pays your money and takes your choice, there are as many bad reports about BT as there are about Plusnet.
As has been said people are very ready to complain but not to praise.
It's decision time I guess.
Thanks for all the replies, folks.

Vic.

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 07:11:34 PM »
If you do sign up with them.

Watch the first 10 days.

The warehouse sometimes forgets to send the router.

It happened to me when I first signed up. And a couple of years later when I went to fibre.

Luckily I could use my phone. Or laptop at golf club.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 07:38:34 PM »
I use mobile broadband as I do not know how long I will be living here. I have a contract with 3, and until recently it was limited to 40Gb per month, enough for the internet but not much else.
The had a "Binge"  function whereby if you signed up with Netflix, Spotify and various other subscription services, then the data they downloaded did not count against my 40 Gb. I used Netflix for my TV content.
A few weeks back, I was passing the 3 store and popped in to see about updating to more data.
I ended up with Unlimited data for less than I was paying for my 40 Gb. I was given two options. A data sim, for 21 per month or a voice sim for 20 per month with the first six months with the voice sim at half price. They both offer the same speed so no need to guess what one I plumped for. The benefit of the voice sim is I can use it in a phone if the need should ever arise, though I cannot envisage circumstances in which I would need to.

Tags:

anything