Author Topic: Batteries  (Read 1417 times)

guest5079

Batteries
« on: May 31, 2017, 09:33:27 AM »
Sorry to raise the perennial battery questions but I need some techno help.
Despite reading many posts on the lack of energy in the 'torch battery' fitted to the Jazz, when looking into the window problem the rear door was open for circa an hour. Never thought to turn off the interior light. Following day tried to start the car, to be greeted with a super lights show. Just about every light on the dashboard was flashing. Of course the car wouldn't start. I was a bit bemused as in my years of driving when experiencing a flat battery, all that has happened is when switching the ignition on and trying the starter, the dashboard lights would go dim and the solenoid would click. Not this time.
Now, the AA came and of course the car started instantly. The output was circa 14v which indicated it was merely the hours use of the interior light,that caused the problem.  The battery was made 11/10/10 ( a sticker on the side) so it's life is ending.
Is there any advantage in getting a 40AH battery? What does 40AH/20HR mean?
One surprising occurrence was before connecting his supercharger, I was asked where the ignition key was. In my pocket. It seems if the battery is flat and the key is in the ignition when connecting another power source, the immobilizer codes are 'fried' meaning a reprogram by Honda.
Could this be the cause of the problems experienced by the member having problems with his ECU after a flat battery.

Tags:

anything