Author Topic: Fitting Motor organisation badge to front grill 2012 (12) model Jazz  (Read 2321 times)

guest6592

Hello,

I wish to fit my "Royal Automobile Club" badge to our 2012 Jazz.

I have seen a post for removing the grill on previous models and there is a video for american cars. But I can find nothing for my model.

Any advice how to remove the front grill for access would be very welcome.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
Re: Fitting Motor organisation badge to front grill 2012 (12) model Jazz
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:16:59 PM »
Working from memory, when I replaced the horns I managed to remove the grill by: Open the bonnet. The black plastic  plastic panel across the front behind the grill and in front of the cross member with the bonnet catch, has four plastic screws. Remove these making a note of which one goes where as they appear to be slightly different. Very gently lift the back of the plastic panel and there are two screws (one either side) carefully using a philips screw driver remove these and the grill can be lifted clear of it's locating pegs at the bottom of the grill.  Fiddly but not difficult. Hope this is clear enough.
This was done on a 2010 EX

guest6592

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:59:22 PM »
Hi,

Many thanks for the Info. I will give it a try. I will confirm it if it works Ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is confused  >:(.

Kind Regards

David.

guest6764

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
The Jazz has got a bad enough reputation as an bumbling oldies machine so please don't confirm such views by putting on old buffers type badges such as RAC AA etc.  What next, one of those metal IAM badges with your name on it, back window cushions & a National Trust sticker.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
Don't forget the nodding dog on the rear parcel shelf and the lace headrest covers  ;D ;D ;D

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 03:01:20 PM »
Working from memory, when I replaced the horns

Neddy, are you saying that the feeble, standard horn is behind the front grill ? I thought it was lower down behind the front bumper.
Did you replace it, if so with what ?

Vic.

Tags:

anything