Author Topic: Windscreen washer nozzles  (Read 2564 times)

guest6569

Windscreen washer nozzles
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »
1.4 ES '13 plate

On the drivers side I am getting good pressure and height....but only one jet! I went to adjust but was completely lost as this is a design I am not used to, on previous (non Honda) cars I have owned it was a 'pin' in each individual nozzle and you could adjusted as needed(vert/horiz). This design has a fixed unit with a horizontal groove so I'm stumped, can anyone advise how you adjust....passenger side no problem 2 angled jets and good pressure/height.
Thanks

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Windscreen washer nozzles
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »
I once had a similar problem with a vauxhall corsa ended up buying two new nozzles.........

It would appear they were non adjustable.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »
I have a similar weird experience with my driver side washer nozzle.

For a period of 2 years(!), the right side driver washer nozzle didn't spray any water out.  I've tried adjusting it and clearing the hole etc but to no avail.  Past few times I visited the dealer, i'd forgot to mention it to them so it was never looked at as such.

Then all of a sudden about 3 months ago, it started working again  ;D

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »
If you can get the nozzle off try soaking it in hot water. If the washers have been used infrequently in the past a residue can be left as the fluid dries out, especially if washing up liquid has been used (which you should never use but some people do).

Tags:

anything