Author Topic: Headlights  (Read 7719 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Headlights
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »
If you compare beam pattern and light on my wifes jazz (photos attached a few post up,  and beam and light on TG photos a few posts up it is like chalk and cheese) - I wonder if testers have been having problems with weird dazzling beam patterns on cheap LED bulbs and just tarred then all with the same brush, even the Philips ones.

It may be not to do with beam pattern or dazzle as such but residual glare from very white light. The light is very good  for the driver of the car but it is a pain to drive against a long line of cars emitting harsh (but not dazzling) white LED light.

Plenty of expensive German staff cars on our roads with very dazzling OEM lights, VOSA should be checking those.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
Hi

I hope you donít mind me adding to this old thread but our jazz has just pasted its mot with the LED bulbs fitted

I informed the testing garage that LED bulbs were fitted (pointed out these are not HID), and I could replace the bulbs with halogen bulbs if needed.

The garage went to check and said if the beam pattern and light intensity and only white light colour when put on beam tester pass, then itís legal. If any one of those fail, itís a fail on mot

So Iím pleased not to have to mess around changing bulbs and thought Iíd share my experience from yesterday

Many thanks

John

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2018, 08:34:10 AM »
Hi

I hope you don’t mind me adding to this old thread but our jazz has just pasted its mot with the LED bulbs fitted

I informed the testing garage that LED bulbs were fitted (pointed out these are not HID), and I could replace the bulbs with halogen bulbs if needed.

The garage went to check and said if the beam pattern and light intensity and only white light colour when put on beam tester pass, then it’s legal. If any one of those fail, it’s a fail on mot

So I’m pleased not to have to mess around changing bulbs and thought I’d share my experience from yesterday

Many thanks

John

No problem reviving old threads with important information.

Many thanks for sharing your MOT experience John my wifes Jazz has exactly the same bulbs as your car, you have reassured me (and maybe other on the forum who bought the bulbs and some who were thinking about it  :-X ) that the beam pattern and light are acceptable ( which both you and I already knew anyway as they are a philips design and mimic a filament build with LED size and positioning).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:51:31 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything