Author Topic: Interior Light not working?  (Read 9996 times)

willower

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Mk3 Jazz EX CVT
Interior Light not working?
« on: October 22, 2016, 08:18:19 AM »
As a new owner of a 2016 EX CVT, (now has 365 miles showing), I am just about getting used to all the bells and whistles I can now play with on this great little car. ;D

The one thing that has me baffled is that the interior lights (above the mirror) dont seem to be working automatically whenever the driver/passenger door is opened. Normally on most cars, there is a switch on the light itself which allows you to control whether you want the light to come on or not. This one doesn't have such a switch. However, there are switches on the door jambs which, I am presuming here, are there to control the interior light - but they don't seem to control anything?

I'm obviously missing a trick here somewhere, can one of you kind ladies or gentlemen please tell me how to get these working 'normally'? :'(

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: Interior Light not working?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 08:32:48 AM »
The lights above the mirror are intended to be map reading lamps and are manually operated by pressing them. Only the lamp in the centre of the roof is automatically operated. This one does have a switch to select between on-auto-off.

Hope this helps

willower

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
Not sure I have one in the centre of the roof - certainly not seen any light when opening doors! Will have to go have a look to find out....

Bearing in mind this is a new car, perhaps someone has made a cost cutting saving?

Will update after I have looked.

willower

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »
Thanks very much for your help - I now have a very happy wife who can't see too well in the daytime, let alone when it's dark! You were dead right - the centre light had been switched to 'Off' - hence no light at night, which is why I'd never seen any light.

I've seen it now though :D :D :D :D !

Tags:

anything