Author Topic: Keyless entry! What options do i have?  (Read 25694 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Keyless entry! What options do i have?
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »
Essentially the car key, despite gallons of WD40 being squirted into the lock of the Driver's door, has decided not to turn anyone more. So we enlisted the help of a local criminal who was able to to break into our car, after we had given him a significant part of our pension.

I have to ask if you had used WD40 on the lock before ? If so that may be the reason it no longer works, after a short time liquid WD40 turns into a glue that Evostick or Araldite  would be proud to put their label onto, which attracts all manner of rubbish.  Use PTFE based lubricant on locks,  the carrier dries out leaving a film of PTFE ( teflon ) on the pins and tumblers - I used 3 in 1 advanced PTFE lubricant on a padlock on our side gate - out in all weathers - and it has been perfect ever since ( I have not topped up the lube in over 5 years )...  you can also get PTFE 'dry-lube' which can be used on pretty much anything,  including the runners on the sides of electric windows, door rubbers etc. instead of silicon, because the PTFE is dry it does not attract dirt.

Sorry can't help with keyless entry system though...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:24:47 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything