Author Topic: Hello from London  (Read 6952 times)

guest5589

Hello from London
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »
Hello everyone.

Just bought a 2004 Honda Jazz SE 1.4 Manual.

My previous car was 1999 Yaris GLS 1.0 which I must say was a good start. Why bought the Jazz? well, I have always been a fan of Honda but due to insurance and costs reasons decided on a Yaris. I must say what a difference between the two.

I am not the modification kind of guy, but more of a keeping the as best as I can with tasteful and selected updates that don't affect insurance or makes the car a target for vandalism. Even though Yaris was stock, someone decided to key the car twice. That's not to say I am not in awe of some of the builds featured on this forum  :o

Hoping to meet wonderful people on these forums and gain more insight in the little wonder.  :)

guest4324

• Topic Starter
Re: Hello from London
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »
Hi and welcome.  :)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 11:33:43 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 04:39:09 PM »
Hello and welcome  8)

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 05:00:28 PM »
Cheers :)

I am looking for a few missing bits for my car, can someone please help me with these? I have a post in MK1 'missing headrests'.

Link: http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7280.0

guest5565

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 06:31:42 PM »
Hi legend-ary and welcome  :)

I too switched from a Yaris to a Mk1 Jazz back in 2008. Haven't looked back ever since, and now just recently upgraded to Mk2 Jazz.

Talking about headrests, the ones on ebay look different to the ones shown in your photos. Yours has a technical fabric, whereas the ones on eBay seem lined in a felt-like velour fabric.

Why not have a look on auto trader, most of them have interior photos, which you could then use to compare between 2004 and 2006 (2005 updated / facelift) models.

Btw, you car looks really nice and clean.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »
Hi and welcome,
If you ever need any assistance with insurance at all please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 12:47:19 AM »

I too switched from a Yaris to a Mk1 Jazz back in 2008. Haven't looked back ever since, and now just recently upgraded to Mk2 Jazz.

Talking about headrests, the ones on ebay look different to the ones shown in your photos. Yours has a technical fabric, whereas the ones on eBay seem lined in a felt-like velour fabric.

Why not have a look on auto trader, most of them have interior photos, which you could then use to compare between 2004 and 2006 (2005 updated / facelift) models.

Hey Ja2zfan,

Thanks for the info. I did check autotrader and that why I haven't bought the ebay headrests. Will be much better if  I go to a breaker and get them myself. Yeah Mk1 Yaris although built like a rock; is no match for the Jazz's comfort and quality. From the closing of the door to the sound of the door locks, everything just feels more up-market.

I was wondering, over on Yaris club, they have some grand meets aswell as local meets. Is that something Club Jazz does aswell?

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 12:50:10 AM »
Hi and welcome,
If you ever need any assistance with insurance at all please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Thanks for the offer Dan.
I passed my test in Feb and paying through my nose for insurance. I will surely get intouch when its time for renewal.

ps. I think I must be one of those people on this forum who are paying most for their insurance. Even if i combine the purchase price of Jazz + the Yaris I just traded in, it still won't amount to the insurance costs :D  :-X

guest5565

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »

Hey Ja2zfan,

Thanks for the info. I did check autotrader and that why I haven't bought the ebay headrests. Will be much better if  I go to a breaker and get them myself. Yeah Mk1 Yaris although built like a rock; is no match for the Jazz's comfort and quality. From the closing of the door to the sound of the door locks, everything just feels more up-market.

I was wondering, over on Yaris club, they have some grand meets aswell as local meets. Is that something Club Jazz does aswell?

Hi legend-ary

I too agree that the Yaris was very well built, but when compared to the MK1 Jazz, especially boot space, retractable parcel shelf, magic seats, extra seals on the doors, and the electric folding mirrors, it makes you wish that you changed earlier.

Just had my Mk2 Jazz recently and although improvements in many areas, the interior quality feels a little below par compared to the Mk1 Jazz.

As for meetups.... I'm not sure, perhaps fellow forum members maybe in better position to advise.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »

Hey Ja2zfan,

Hi legend-ary

I too agree that the Yaris was very well built, but when compared to the MK1 Jazz, especially boot space, retractable parcel shelf, magic seats, extra seals on the doors, and the electric folding mirrors, it makes you wish that you changed earlier.

Just had my Mk2 Jazz recently and although improvements in many areas, the interior quality feels a little below par compared to the Mk1 Jazz.

As for meetups.... I'm not sure, perhaps fellow forum members maybe in better position to advise.

Boot space and safety were one of the core reasons why I upgraded to Jazz. I have found the magic seats to be a great conversation starter :D makes me feel like a Honda brand ambassador.  8)

Interesting to hear that about the MK2, I wonder why companies do that specially considering interior is where you spend most if not all of the time.

Regarding the meet, i felt that it gave everyone a chance to understand the car better and others who were more experienced were able to reflect on issues they found and their resolutions so less experienced members don't get burnt + everyone just had a good time. So if there is one ever, I'll be more than happy to come along.

Tags: