Author Topic: Wheels and Tyres, Jazz 2012 1.4.. EX. CVT  (Read 11899 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Wheels and Tyres, Jazz 2012 1.4.. EX. CVT
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »
Here is an interesting site that says snowflake in mountain symbol shows that tyre has severe winter rating which is much better than M & S, as even a summer tyre can be labelled M & S.

my Nokian WR D3 tyres bought in UK carry the M & S and mountain / snowflake symbol.

http://www.snowtyres.com.au/severe-service-emblem
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5355

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 11:14:59 PM »
Hi there,
I have used 15" steel wheels and winter tyres from a (BMW) MINI that I owned previously , for the winter on my Jazz until last winter I got a set of Honda 15" alloys with winter tyres. The steel MINI wheels are exactly same as the Honda Steel wheels.
As long as the dimensions are the same you won't have a problem, the ET is different from the larger alloy wheel as the wheel is also a different width.

09/06/2015.. Just received a set of mini One steel wheels that had only been used for 2 weeks, Got them via eBay for £60.00. To me they look like brand new.
Now to buy some winter tyres, the Goodyear Ultragrip 9. 175 65 16 --88T get great reviews  the only thing is that they are XL, not sure if that's ok from a Jazz.  Any advice about the XL would be much appreciated.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 11:53:14 PM »
From Auto Express:

I’ve often seen ‘XL’ stamped on tyres. What does this mean, and is there a performance advantage?

XL stands for Extra Load – or is sometimes referred to as Reinforced. Essentially, tyres bearing this stamp are designed for heavy cars rather than ones that carry big loads. Not only are they constructed to cope with weight, but also the higher tyre pressure these vehicles need to run at. This marking is usually found on lower-profile tyres used on large cars. It highlights the fact they are built to a higher weight rating, as there is nearly always a standard version in the same size in the maker’s range.

Tags: