Author Topic: Squeaky (buzzing) clutch pedal  (Read 4830 times)

guest5208

Squeaky (buzzing) clutch pedal
« on: January 12, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »
Have a 3 year old 1.4 ES Jazz with an intermittent squeaky clutch pedal. It squeaks (buzzes) when I let the clutch out predominantly in first gear. Also it seems to occur more in dry weather. Looking thru the forum there are two instances of this problem, the first was a dry clutch pedal spring and the other was the clutch master cylinder. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it resolved? Kind Regards.

guest5209

• Topic Starter
Re: Squeaky (buzzing) clutch pedal
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »
I've been test driving a lot of Jazz's recently and I found quite a few had squeaky clutch pedals. The noise was definitely coming from inside the car rather than the engine bay so I can only imagine in my cases the reason was the spring.

Does your squeak sound like it's right by your foot?

guest5208

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
Hi Gazzak, thanx for your reply. Yes the squeak or buzzing sound appears to be coming from the foot well area. The thing I have noticed is that the squeak is very intermittent, do not seem to get it much in damp weather but mainly when its dry. When it starts it will squeak for the whole of the days journey/ies, the following day no noise at all, the following day noise.  As I said previously it only happens when I pull away in 1st gear.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:23:28 AM »
A nice dob of white grease or a good spray on the linkage should do the trick. Wipe off the dust/grit first.

guest5208

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
Follow up - My Honda dealer did some investigation work for me and found out that the cause of my problem was likely to be the clutch master cylinder. This work was done under the 3 year warranty and, touch wood, seems to have cured the problem.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:41:06 PM »
mine is still squeak free but i had a squeaky clutch on my 04 civic that drove me nuts

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 10:47:17 AM »
The clutch started squeaking on my EP3 Civic Type R after 8 years of ownership.

Heard it was the master cylinder but sold it for the Jazz but wished i got that looked at and kept her  :'(

Tags:

anything