Author Topic: Front Disk Pads Cost of Replacement  (Read 7675 times)

UncleZen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009, 1.2SE A/C i-Vtec
Front Disk Pads Cost of Replacement
« on: December 09, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
Just had the MOT done for our 59 Jazz.
It passed with flying colours but there was an advisory on the front pads, down to 0.5mm. I checked all the easy things before the MOT but totally forgot to check the pads.
The car has done about 33K miles, which is good for a set of front pads IMO.
They could replace them for £27 parts and £70 labour.
Parts seemed cheap, but labour more than I'd expect. Its a reputable local indy garage. My guess is that's 1 hour of effort based on that price, is that about right?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Front Disk Pads Cost of Replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
The pads £ seems too cheap, I would ask the garage for the make & number.
The UK labour charges these days are around £70 ph inc VAT but again to do the job including bleeding I allocate 3-40 mins max, but I use Honda parts. Tyres & brakes are key for your safety.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
Translated into my weak currency, that price seems about correct for pads.  It is not difficult to do, you don't need any special tools.  Just the ability to remember exactly what you did in reverse when removing them
If music be the food of love, play on

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »
Just the ability to remember exactly what you did in reverse when removing them

Just what digital cameras are great for! Saves me having to remember.

guest5079

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
I was doing some comparisons re Rover and Honda parts being the same. Well I did my research by using the Europarts
website and found that the only common part is the front discs.
However in doing my cross reference I found that Pagid front disc pads were somewhere in the region of £28 so your garage is on the ball.
I used Pagid pads and discs on our old  Rover45  V6 and I had no problems at all. Always passed MOT no problems in fact always got very good figures on the brake test.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »
My front pads were changed at 27,000, 75,000 (with discs) and are now at 134,000 miles, so I am hoping to get 75,000 from the front pads, rear pads are unchanged from new. Although I do a lot of motorway miles now.

guest4078

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 11:01:22 PM »
My word, that is very good! You must be teaching them to be light brakers - either that or you are spending a fortune on front bumpers and rear bumpers for 3rd parties.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »
 :D :D :D The most frequent accident with learner drivers is getting rear ended by muppets looking to the right at roundabouts and not watching the car ahead, so after getting rear ended three times in three months in a Corsa. I decided I will always brake very early, and very gently and slow the car behind as well as mine. The result is longer lasting brake pads and fewer rear bumpers.

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 02:15:06 PM »
In London you get used to aggressive driving and expect to get cut up if you dont get a move on. Never ever had a problem in London. BUT on moving to Torquay - there are so many drivers who really dont know what to do at roundabouts. No signals, nor progress and just when you think you are dealing with comatose dummies they randomly think they should move at speed and scare the living day lights out of you. And thats just the hearse drivers.

Tags: