Author Topic: my 2nd jazz - helios yellow build thread  (Read 50866 times)

guest1521

Re: my 2nd jazz - helios yellow build thread
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »
Cool car!

I've always thought the most minor mod transforms the look of the GD and the GE. Namely a modest OE spoiler over the rear window. For some reason it just 'finishes' the back end and makes it look a little sporty. That alone would broaden Jazz's appeal from its 'pensioner pidgeon-hole' in the UK.

Then improve the suspension to tidy up B-road handling and pothole absorption. 1.5 engine... but only after handling improved. 

Your yellow car is just awesome!

guest3152

• Topic Starter
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 12:57:57 AM »
Looks rubbish  :P

ahh kekekeke

Thanks gaz you pk lol

Cool car!

I've always thought the most minor mod transforms the look of the GD and the GE. Namely a modest OE spoiler over the rear window. For some reason it just 'finishes' the back end and makes it look a little sporty. That alone would broaden Jazz's appeal from its 'pensioner pidgeon-hole' in the UK.

Then improve the suspension to tidy up B-road handling and pothole absorption. 1.5 engine... but only after handling improved. 

Your yellow car is just awesome!

Thanks!
Very true pal! I've always thought the jazz sport was a little cool car with its body kit, more so when modded. It's very rare to see a modded jazz in uk and its actually nice when do. Different to the thousands of civics you see everyday. Only thing the jazz lacks is a bit of poke, but that's a secret for now. Watch this space!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2013, 09:09:33 AM »
Get some proper JDM wheels Chops  :P

You're such a tease  ;)

guest3152

• Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2013, 07:39:43 PM »
New depo JDM tail lights!!

I needed these bad!!

As the new tail lights dont have fog, I bought these F1 style brake lights and wired them to my fog

Looks great now both are on!

I mentioned before about my shifting being too long after fitting a gear shift extender. I tried but couldnt get use to the lorry shifts so i got myself a short shifter.

The Revo short shifter is great! Its oem quality but cheaper than the mugen or buddyclub ones which does and feel the same.

Revo on the left ans stock on the right comparison

Stock

Revo

Now shifting feels a lot better! More refined and slightly heavier which i like. It claims to reduce shifts by 40% which sounds about right, but with my extender the shift lengths feels like how it was at stock which is to be expected but a big improvement overall. haven't tried it without the extender yet but I think I'll remove it once i get bored of it.

New wheel nuts!

I got these internal drive wheel nuts so they dont ********** up after being torqued like my old ones did. they look a lot better too!

Next to arrive were my Ultra racing rear upper strut and C-pillar braces.

Reason I went for Ultra racing rear strut was because it was easier to source, cheaper than most brands, and more important it was a one piece bar. The design of this bar should minimise the flex and although its slightly heavier than aluminium bars, its a lot stronger because its steel.

Under normal driving theres not much difference apart from feeling the bumps on the road a bit more but take it through some bends, I immediately felt the difference. A lot less sway and the rear of car feels a lot flatter when cornering. I have a lot more confidence to push it faster around corners so a good purchase me thinks, especially for the price.

I know a C-Pillar bar on its own pretty much does nothing but I got it because I like the looks and I got discount if I buy 2 bars lol!

Few decent pictures of my car

Few pictures from the last ever mimms!

Picked up a Whiteline rear ARB from Pneuma at mimms. Will be putting this on hopefully some time this week to further stiffen up the rear!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
 8)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »
Love the JDM rear lights.

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »
Daaaaamn!
This is one fine looking Jazz! Pretty much what i'm looking to do with mine!

guest3152

• Topic Starter
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2014, 06:17:04 PM »
Haven't updated this thread in a long while due to laziness so here goes...

Wasn't too fond of the colour coded head lights so bought some oem black head light housing which imo makes the front look a lot more nicer

Next i got both sides of the door guard strips off and because it left a mark, I had to get both sides sprayed again and while i was at it I also got the old number plate holes sanded down, filled then sprayed over.
Also got the bonnet carbon wrap and fog wraps off to give it a cleaner look

Double din fascia from Honda and a Sony XAV-601bt touch screen head unit

Mugen carbon gear knob

Lots of goodies from the states!

Weapon R 421 decat manifold!

'off road use only' yeah right!

This thing is beautiful!

Custom 2" B pipe from Solid fab

First impressions of the weapon r header and b pipe are that its definitely louder but not as loud as i thought it would be which is perfect. Cruising speeds is still relatively quiet and has a nice deep tone when i put the foot down. Power wise its definitely added a few horses but I did this to improve torque rather than power.

Had a sexy weapon r inlet manifold which wasn't compatible because it's designed for cable and not wire operated! Asked the company I bought it from to make sure it would be compatible with my car before I bought it and they said yes it is, then later found out that its not after removing my stock inlet manifold out!!

Such a shame as it looks so good in the bay!

couple of bits from injection imports

Installed the Weapon R short ram air intake, front upper strut bar and engine torque damper.

Couldn't take looking at those poor quality mugen rep wind deflectors any longer so i ordered some genuine ones from RHDjapan.

Needless to say the quality and fitment is soooo much better! Looks a lot better too.

The last missing puzzle to finish off the rear. Been wanting one of these for ages! Carbon duckbill spoiler from kenken

Few pictures from the first Mimms honda show of the year and meeting few of our new JMotion members.

Facebook - Jmotion

Instergram - Jmotion_

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »
What a beautiful car !  Congratulations, you've done an excellent job !

guest4426

• Topic Starter
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
thats an amazing build mate, wish i had the time to do that to mine

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »
Gorgeous I wish I had the ability

guest3152

• Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments. I have invested a lot of money and time into this project but its all worth it looking at it all now, plus learning hell if a lot along the journey. If you going to do it, do it properly! ;)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »
A lot of commitment there Chopstah, well done.

I have customised my 60 Plate GE 1.4. Some low life knicked my radio aerial,or it came unscrewed so I bought one off EBay.   ;D ;D

Where did you get the wheel nuts from, please?

Vic.

guest3152

• Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »
A lot of commitment there Chopstah, well done.

I have customised my 60 Plate GE 1.4. Some low life knicked my radio aerial,or it came unscrewed so I bought one off EBay.   ;D ;D

Where did you get the wheel nuts from, please?

Vic.

Here you mate
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/301163225740?nav=SEARCH

The outer coating isn't the best but at least they're steel so the thread won't get worn as quick as aluminium

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2014, 07:17:59 PM »
Very nice indeed. I prefer the coloured bonnet to the matt black, looks less teen racer.

Tags: