Author Topic: I Shift Possible Softwear Problems  (Read 2841 times)

guest795

I Shift Possible Softwear Problems
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
The Honest John website under Car Reviews - Honda Jazz says:-

Latest Update Honda Jazz 2008: Jazz i-shift software failures starting to be reported. These can completelu immobilise the car.

Is anyone aware of or has experienced such problems?

My i-shift has been trouble free and changes smoothly having learnt the necessary technique. On long runs it can achieve fuel consumption figures in the high 50s and returns just under 50mpg overall (figures not taken from the optimistic inboard system which is easily 5% over the top).

caseyjones

• Topic Starter
Re: I Shift Possible Softwear Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:26:17 AM »
There is a current Honda recall for potential i-Shift problems on certain models. If your car is affected you will get a letter from Honda. Mine (2010 EX) went in a few weeks ago and I was told it involved a software rewrite and a quick look inside the top of the gearbox to make sure nothing was bent. The car drove perfectly before the inspection and I've noticed nothing different since.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »
If its not broken don't fix it
If music be the food of love, play on

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:27 PM »
There is a current Honda recall for potential i-Shift problems on certain models. If your car is affected you will get a letter from Honda. Mine (2010 EX) went in a few weeks ago and I was told it involved a software rewrite and a quick look inside the top of the gearbox to make sure nothing was bent. The car drove perfectly before the inspection and I've noticed nothing different since.

Full topic here:
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=3083.0

Tags:

anything