Author Topic: Non working dash lights  (Read 3607 times)

guest3101

Non working dash lights
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:38:41 AM »
Just noticed that half of the lights on the heating / ac panel don't work. They wouldn't be on a separate fuse would they?
I have had a Parrot Bluetooth installed. Can't remember if they were working before.

guest2765

• Topic Starter
Re: Non working dash lights
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:41:15 AM »
know its going to seem silly, but did you check the fuses for the a/c to make sure it hasnt worn out?

guest3101

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »
I haven't checked anything tbh. Ac works though

caseyjones

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:56 AM »
There's no way that different bulbs would be on different fuses. Your problem is due to a blown bulb or bulbs or perhaps a bad contact / damaged track on the dash circuit board (bit of a bugger to get to I'm afraid). If it happened about the time that the Parrot was installed it's highly likely that something was disturbed or damaged by the installer. Perhaps you should go back to them, swear it's their fault and invite them to put it right. Or perhaps the lights have just gone out in protest at your choice of music - try Radio 3 and see if it helps!

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »
Or perhaps the lights have just gone out in protest at your choice of music - try Radio 3 and see if it helps!

Haha if this was true we would have to suffer terrible music to keep the a/c light on? :P

my light is out on my a/c as well but i just figured its a faulty bulb so havent done anything to rectify it yet..

Ramage

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz 1.4i-DSi Sport CVT Sirirus Blue
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:14:47 PM »
I had the same thing on mine... the dealer replaced the panel under warranty. They said it cost £300!

guest3101

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
In that case I will unplug it so the rest of them dont light up  ;D

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »
If it was the fuse the entire climate control panel including all the buttons and display will not work. It happened to me a few months back after trying to get the body repairers to fix the faulty driver's mirror adjustment. I think when testing the mirror motor for life they tripped the fuse.

Tags: