Author Topic: Stiffer shock springs...  (Read 4010 times)

guest3113

Stiffer shock springs...
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »
I carry alot of weight in back of car because of my work and car does get really low because rear suspension is compressed so much so could I fit stiffer springs to help?

guest2970

• Topic Starter
Re: Stiffer shock springs...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
but stiffer springs has shorter displacement, they might have the same effect as the stock one?

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:08:50 PM »
I carry alot of weight in back of car because of my work and car does get really low because rear suspension is compressed so much so could I fit stiffer springs to help?

Every uprated spring for the Honda Jazz that i have seen also lowers the suspension, so i don't think that is a good idea if you carry allot of weight in the back.

I'd recommend that you purchase and fit some Coil Spring Assisters. They are a rubber strip that sits between the coils of the spring to increase the spring rate when you need to tow something or carry heavy loads in the boot.

Here is a link to where you can purchase them from:
http://www.rsmmotorsport.co.uk/products/601/0/Coil-Spring-Assisters-/detail.aspx

To find the right ones for you, jack the rear of the car up so that the rear wheels are off the ground and measure the distance between the coils on the spring.
You can then purchase whatever size best suits your gap (18-25mm, 26-38mm, 39-51mm or 51-65mm).  ;)

Steve.

guest3113

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 07:57:55 PM »

Every uprated spring for the Honda Jazz that i have seen also lowers the suspension, so i don't think that is a good idea if you carry allot of weight in the back.

I'd recommend that you purchase and fit some Coil Spring Assisters. They are a rubber strip that sits between the coils of the spring to increase the spring rate when you need to tow something or carry heavy loads in the boot.

Here is a link to where you can purchase them from:
http://www.rsmmotorsport.co.uk/products/601/0/Coil-Spring-Assisters-/detail.aspx
Cheers for mate just what I need....

To find the right ones for you, jack the rear of the car up so that the rear wheels are off the ground and measure the distance between the coils on the spring.
You can then purchase whatever size best suits your gap (18-25mm, 26-38mm, 39-51mm or 51-65mm).  ;)

Steve.

Tags: