Author Topic: Little bit of an odd one...  (Read 1997 times)

guest2765

Little bit of an odd one...
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
Ok so me and a mechanic have been working on my car (fully qualified mechanic knows what he is doing). after changing the front brake pads the handbrake light came on..it has now been on constantly for 2 weeks with repeated tests on the car, the handbrake has been readjusted, brake pads are fine, the fluid is fine (levels, colour, going through pipes, etc), car is braking in a straight line without any issues, etc... we cant seem to find the source and as he wont have his code reader back until he is back at work next week (left his code reader in his work van) we have no idea of the cause. Anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

guest2898

• Topic Starter
Re: Little bit of an odd one...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
Hi, i know this sounds simple, but it could be the float switch in the resovoir pot..  try and get one from a scrap yard if you can, just unplug the wiring unscrew and remove from the pot, and swap them over... you can always wipe yours down and clean it up, check the metal rods and your connector for bits of rust etc, clean and a touch of light electrical grease will help as it could be a switch wire down... hope this helps...

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
Another thing it could be if its not what i have already said, is the handbrake microswitch, which could be mounted just behind the handbrake under the plastic cover (thats where it was on the civic) Just a thought.... it maybe just a stray wire with luck! process of elimination... good luck with it..

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:13 AM »
ok thanks :) ill get these written down and checked as soon as im able to. hopefully itll be one of these.

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »
No problem, i will keep em crossed for you!  ;) ;D

Tags:

anything