Author Topic: What do you think & Offset to suit - ET30?  (Read 9949 times)

guest3121

What do you think & Offset to suit - ET30?
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »
Hello All, I just joined the forum!

After having a crash in my Type R DC5, I decided that in order to prolong my life that bit longer I would go for something that I'm less likely to be tempted to speed in - admittedly, it is possible to hurt myself in any car, but hopefully i've learned my lesson - and have decided to purchase an '03 Jazz - should be getting it on Saturday, just a little bit of haggling needed first! ~100K Miles (only 8000 in the last year, used as a town driver), but with a decent service history (v. rare in Ireland) and having checked the car over and driven it, am quite happy with it. It needs a service as the oil is a little lower than I would've liked, (This will be the third honda i will own, and they are all prone to using up that little bit extra, esp if only driven around town) but no blue smoke at least and the engine ticks over nicely with no rattles etc. This is the link to the car, a second opinion would be helpful, I understand there's only so much you can tell about a car from pictures, but nevertheless, i'd appreciate the input! http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2964987

The second point of interest is - having left behind the high octane world of 220bhp+, I would like this car to look somewhat 'sporty' - and the first port of call will be to upgrade the wheel situation - hence, I found these: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/3067899.
4 x 100, 1.5 inch dish, and ET30 offset - digging around it seems like this offset is too tight for the jazz, can someone confirm or deny this please? You'll notice in the ad, that the advertiser mentions they'll fit a Jazz, so before I approach him i'd like to know if they'll fit comfortably or at all!
Thanks very much in advance, and sorry this message is on the long side! :)

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
Re: What do you think & Offset to suit - ET30?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
Welcome aboard rotabeast!  ;D :D ;D

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:35:40 AM »
Thanks Geoffers! :)

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:27:14 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum rotabeast! there are a couple of lads on here done mods to their jazz's (garyman and danny from circuit supplies) i am sure they will be along soon to advise you on transforming that nice clean motor of yours! i dropped down from a civic too... although i was not fortunate to have a type r i had a 04 facelifted 5dr 1.6se version... you will love the jazz, although i have a GE my with drives a GD like yours on a 02 plate, its done 104,000 miles now and runs sweet as a nut! she loves it.. good luck with your jazz, and enjoy...  ;) :D

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
Hi, thanks for the reply! Yea, from doing some research, and from driving it for a while, it feels like the right car for me :) I think it's too much for me to go completely 'cold turkey' and go back to a completely stock car (not that there's anything wrong with that :D) - I just need to bridge the gap, so to speak!! I'm looking forward to having it as my daily driver with hopefully 45 - 50 MPG (The DC5 was at best 30 MPG!!) and if the wheels fit, it'll look a bit more personal as well! Hopefully, it'll work out for me!! Thanks again

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
Hi there. I have some 7x15's (ET30) on my Jazz GD1, which I lowered -35mm. I fitted some camber bolts up front to tuck the wheels in the arches and haven't had any problems so far.
I recently purchased a 2nd hand set of wheels for track days which have ET37, these should fit much better with very little chance of them catching the arches when on full lean, lol.

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
Oh that's great to hear! Was it lowered before or after you put the ET30's on? Any rubbing on the arches?
Out of interest did you lower it on lowering springs or on coilovers?

Thanks for your response, that's really helpful.

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
Remould beat me to it... came on here a bit late tonight  :P

If you need any parts, gimme a shout!!

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 11:44:06 PM »
I fitted my ET30 wheels after lowering the car on -35mm FK Automotive springs.
After fitting the wheels I made and fitted a set of front camber bolts before having the toe and camber adjusted. Since doing the alignment I've not had any rubbing.

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »
Remould beat me to it... came on here a bit late tonight  :P

If you need any parts, gimme a shout!!

Great, I'll be in touch soon! I'm buying the car today, so will be in touch over the weekend! :)

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »
I fitted my ET30 wheels after lowering the car on -35mm FK Automotive springs.
After fitting the wheels I made and fitted a set of front camber bolts before having the toe and camber adjusted. Since doing the alignment I've not had any rubbing.

Cool - thanks for that! This may seem an obvious question - with the et30 wheels and lowering springs added, it set the alignment off? Hence the need for adjustment? - or was it because you wanted some sort of fast road setup? I'm asking because most likely i'll be doing the same! Thanks in advance!

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:05 AM »
Yeah, it's a fast road / trackday setup.
-1.75 degrees camber, 2mm total toe out.
The rear is fixed, so you can't adjust that.

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »
Yeah, it's a fast road / trackday setup.
-1.75 degrees camber, 2mm total toe out.
The rear is fixed, so you can't adjust that.

Lovely, sounds great! Will be going down that road soonish myself! Thanks for your help :)

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 01:56:16 PM »
Here is my Jazz with 7x15" ET30 Rota RB's and 195/50/15 R888's (Lowered -35mm).

You can see below that the rear tyres tuck in just nicely...

And with a little negative camber up front, they are ok too.  ;)

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
Nice! That looks great! I was just slightly worried that the offset would be too tight, but my concerns are no more! :) Do you have many more mods lined up for it?

Tags: