Author Topic: jazz 1.4 low rpm running problems.....  (Read 9810 times)

guest3113

jazz 1.4 low rpm running problems.....
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »
Hey all.Car seems to stutter and run rough between 1 and 2 thousand rpm.
Checked and cleaned egr. seemed good to me no signs of wear.Gasket a little worn in places but still usable(I hope).
Changed airfilter as it was black with dirt etc.
Car runs great over 2000 revs and sounds quite grunty when I floor it(almost like its got an induction kit on).
But if I let of the pedal and bring revs down to 2000 or less it starts to stutter no matter what gear its in.
Any ideas?

guest2898

• Topic Starter
Re: jazz 1.4 low rpm running problems.....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
Hi, could be the fuel filter is getting ready for changing, or a dead spark plug/coil pack? try some redex fuel additive/injector cleaner in the tank when you are running on empty on your next fill up, fill the tank with esso or shell (our jazz's run better on this brand) worth a try....  ;)

guest3113

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
Thanx gaz for reply.I am gonna change all the spark plugs later and run some injector cleaner in fuel tank see if it improves. :'(

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »
No worries, let us all know how you get on... between us, we will hopefully get it sorted!! i will keep my fingers crossed for you.. good luck!  ;)  :D

guest3113

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »
Changed all the plugs and cleaned map sensor and throttle body.Cars runs like a dream now.I think this plug might have been the problem.Not sure why its gone yellow though :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
Where was that plug (at the front or the back)?
What mileage do you have in the car?

Firing ends: http://ngkntk.co.uk/index.php/technical-centre/spark-plugs/firing-end/

guest3113

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 06:43:03 PM »
Plug was one of the rear ones cars only done 47000...

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 06:58:04 PM »
I believe you know the plugs needs changing every 25000 miles (in the Jazz). Probably you were the first who changed them.

guest3113

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
Well if I was then the last owner who had the car serviced got ripped off.I got a service sheet and it said the plugs were changed on 3 rd service about 25 k.So it just goes to show unless you check how do you know the work has been done?
I service my own cars and sign the service book accordingly for my own record.it saves me a fortune. ;D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
The plugs normally discolour a bit just above the steel part, the rest is protected by the seal inside the coil plug assembly.

The electrode gap looks a bit on the large side (should be about 1.0mm) this could cause faulty firing as the spark has to jump a bigger gap. The gap gets bigger as the plugs do more miles - the continual sparking erodes the metal - this is why iridium plugs can do greater mileages as the metal is much more resistant to spark erosion.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
So glad you got it sorted... looks like you found the dead plug!  ;)  ;D happy days....

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
I have had expensive Bosch plugs pack up after 3 months.  You say to yourself it cannot be the plug, I have just changed it and go and waste hours fiddling about, only to change it and the problem disappears.  The car spares guys weren't interested though and said they can throw it away for me, that is all/
If music be the food of love, play on

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 07:51:20 AM »
Sale of Goods Act states that goods supplied should be"fit for purpose" the responsibilty is on the supplier not the manufacturer. If plugs have "failed" in such a short interval you have redress under law despite what the goon behind the counter said. Ifyou feel like taking this up contact your local Tading Standards Officer. It never ceases to amaze me how counter people behave in such a cavalier attitude to consumer protection laws and get away with it.?

guest2865

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:33 AM »
I have had expensive Bosch plugs pack up after 3 months.  You say to yourself it cannot be the plug, I have just changed it and go and waste hours fiddling about, only to change it and the problem disappears.  The car spares guys weren't interested though and said they can throw it away for me, that is all/

Speak to the Organ Grinder and by-pass the Monkey.  Any reputable business would stand by you on this evidence and reimburse you rather than tarnish their reputation over such a low cost item.

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »
I agree. Sometimes even the owner/manager will refuse to address a complaint!! My son had to take small claims court action against a company over a warped brake disc supplied "new" Subsequently they moaned to my son on the phone when the ruling went against them despite the fact that my son did not claim out of pocket expenses.

Tags: