Author Topic: What to look for pre purchase  (Read 5681 times)

guest331

What to look for pre purchase
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
Hi all we are going to look at a GD Jazz on Saturday at a local Honda dealer for my wife - its a 2008 58 plate se in cool rose pink, anythink specific I should check and look for ?? it apparantly has full service history etc and I do know a fair bit about cars and my mother in law has a 2008 jazz also so know abit about them - BUT YOU are the experts on jazz's so thought i'd ask first ?? thanks

I just hope its in the condition that the guy at the dealer said it is !! she soooo wants a pink one and they are just so rare.

guest2865

• Topic Starter
Re: What to look for pre purchase
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
In particular - check all floor mats including spare wheel well for dampness. (ie. lack of  :))

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »
There is very little goes wrong them to comment on and if it's being sold by a Honda dealer they will back it with a years warranty anyway.
Check that the two recalls have been done.One was for the electric window switch block and the other for the headlight selector switch.
Good luck.

Vic.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:04:52 PM by VicW »

guest331

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
cheers I'll add them to the list !!

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »
 :D
service history, and mot history

guest331

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:35:33 PM »
thanks - Had a look and drive today and all seems good, so we brought it, a few little jobs for them to do on it for us ( tyre, wheel refurb, find a spare wheel, new boot seal due to damage), checked the service history and all seems fine, have asked them to check the recalls are done but I have checked on the honda website and there are non outstanding.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:19:33 PM »
Sorry this is a bit late but I would have also said check the spare type well in the boot for signs of rust and water ingress.

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »
 ;D
seems fine then..how about the mileage.

guest3122

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »
Morning all. New boy signs in. :)

I thought I'd bump this topic and ask a supplementary question...

I too am in the market for a used Jazz after some numpty splashed his Merc Sprinter into my Accord and am expecting a phone call from Admiral saying it's a writeoff.

Anyway, less of my life story. I'm looking at a 2005 (ish) 1.4 CVT and would like some pointers as to what I should be paying special attention to during my search for this car?

Thanks

Paul

guest3122

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
Nobody has any advice?

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 08:15:37 AM »
Only the usual, check what your local Honda dealer has and if you like a car, ask him "how much are you willing to let me have it for" which immediately tells him to sharpen his pencil

Sometimes if it is close to the end of a dealer's financial year they will be prepared to discount cars a bit more to enhance their turnover.  Worked for me, I got an additional 12% shaved off by making up my mind 2 days before the financial year end which here is usually the end of February
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3122

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »
Thanks for that.

I should have said, the dealership stock is out of my price range so I'm looking around the used car dealers.

Mechanically, is the CVT sound? The autobox in my 2003 Accord was faultless so I'm hoping for similar battleship reliability from the Jazz.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
To answer the question directly, try here:
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=1156.0

In practice it's best to buy the car in the best condition with the most complete service history (including MoTs) within your budget. This is more important the mileage/age.

Tags:

anything