Author Topic: ZX1 Extralube !!!!  (Read 6459 times)

guest1583

ZX1 Extralube !!!!
« on: December 10, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
ZX1 Extralube !!!!

Is the perfect friction eliminator for car, can be added up directly to engine oil on 5%percent basis or into petrol oil I dont know the ratio.  Has been proven/ claims to increase mpg and increase in power and smooth gear changes.
     Has anyone tried to use this product on their Honda Jazz??? ;D

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: ZX1 Extralube !!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:03:02 AM »
Stay away from it.

mod: I`m always trying to use the best quality oil and fuel for my car so no additives needed.
The good premium oil should contain all the needed additives up to a certain price as Culzean said...

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:33:40 PM by DV »

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:00:54 AM »
What is your reason?

guest2865

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:49:08 AM »
Not needed - void warranty ? - etc etc

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:45:26 AM »
It will never void any warranty...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 11:54:45 AM »
Can't vouch for ZX1 Extralube but all additives are not a waste of money.

Car oils and petrols (like anything today) are made to a price - and manufacturers being what they are (ie not charities)  will only put in the minimum they have to.

Molybdenum Disulphide is added to many high performance industrial lubricating oil and greases (and has been for a long, long time) - because it is a well proven (but expensive) compound that greatly decreases metal to metal contact.  Molybdenum is one of the lowest friction materials known, the disulphide bit makes it stick to metal.  The coating produced protects the bearings during starting at the time before the oil has reached them,  and also protects at much  high temperatures than oil can.  Molyslip is the most common Molybdenum additive.

Petrol additives also work,  but you get hardly any in supermarket petrol and plenty in V power or Ultimate petrol.  They keep the fuel system and injectors clean and generally get rid of the varnish and gunk left behind by cheaper petrols - try a tank of high octane in your car every so often and feel the difference in performance - (and this effect last longer than the tank of petrol) - and then tell me that additives don't make a difference.  At the end of the day it's all down to price.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
I have used it in diesel engined cars and it made the engines significantly quieter. I haven't used it in the Jazz though. It hasn't ever invalidated any warranty work with Vauxhall including an oil pump failure, but possibly the ZX1 saved the engine when the pump let go.

Oz

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
hi :D

Would you think it would be a good choice for the jazz...(since you have used on diesel car previously.)

I think vpower petrol and or high octane petrols has extra additives added to standard petrol to raise the the octane ratings. But then we dont know if it is positive to petrol engine or not, it may thus give extra boost to accelaration but not to mpg.  But if the manufacturer suggests 95 octane rating for petrol why would i choose a higher rating for the sake of boost in speed which we dont really need in our roads.(to and from workplace and daily commuting)
Its really down to the costs of motoring.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
If you read the Jazz handbook it says 'minimum 95RON' - bear in mind that some countries don't have high octane fuel.   Believe me 97 does give more MPG as well as making the engine run better I have found at least 10% better MPG - so the fuel doesn't actually cost you any more than 95RON.
And all the additives are not to do with octane rating, some are in there to clean up your injectors (improve the spray pattern) and dissolve the general varnish that petrol leaves in your system.

The truth is that modern engines have 'knock detector sensors' on the engine that are tuned to detect certain frequencies of sound associated with 'pinging' or 'knocking' (both are names for pre-ignition) - when this is detected the ECU retards the ignition (fires the spark later in the compression stroke) to stop the knocking,  and this drops the power.

Bear in mind that the Jazz has a very high 10.8:1 compression ratio and it is only by using twin spark plugs and 'knock detection' sensors that allows the engine to run on 95 petrol - but believe me - it definitely runs better and more mpg on 97 octane.  Trouble is when people feel the extra power they tend to accelerate and drive quicker - negating the mpg advantage,  but if you don't change you driving style and check 'like for like' consumption you can get better than 10% extra (or about 45 miles per tank).

Take a tip and try a couple of tanks of 97 and (hard as it may be) don't change your driving style - you will notice more mpg as the ECU 'learns' that it can now safely advance the ignition timing and get more power out of each explosion without using more fuel - so you can get the same power at lower throttle openings - and the extra additives in V power or Ultimate will clean up your injectors and fuel system as well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »
"Trouble is when people feel the extra power they tend to accelerate and drive quicker - negating the mpg advantage,  but if you don't change you driving style and check 'like for like' consumption you can get better than 10% extra (or about 45 miles per tank). "

Sounds like the shell vpower advert...get 10%extra per tank of fuel.. yeah it is true that it all goes down to our driving style and habbits.   :D
I will try this if I got the time, thanks

Any users of ZX1 extralube in town??????

Tags:

anything