....starts on the 29th November 2026. I didn't know that the UK has helped develop this standard through the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE).
Has everybody got their ducks in a row for the new emission tests? from what I've been reading if the vehicle doesn't emit exactly the same emissions as when it was built the car will be banned from any use on the road even if it passed its MOT emissions
If this is correct it will effectively destroy a majority of the car industry as car tuning and modification will stop you being able to drive your car on the public highway
This is targeting all vehicle, cars, motorbikes, trikes, kit cars etc.
So far they are just targeting cars after 2001 but they want to use it on every vehicle on the road targeting mot & tax exempt (historic) vehicles. I don't know how they'll be able to check historic vehicles as they're just a visual check.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/in-use-emissions-of-road-vehicles-regulating-environmental-impacts