Author Topic: Car service  (Read 9748 times)

JB

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 216
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport Hybrid
Car service
« on: October 01, 2026, 10:37:04 PM »
Today 3rd service of 5 year service plan, on arrival do you want aircon service £45 answer no, reply I can do it for £40 answer no
with never had it done on any car always been alright then do you want engine flush answer no forgot price, then do you want fuel
injection service clean answer no with always only use shell v power forgot price, after service its recommended to have the air
condicioning serviced reply last two cars I had kept each one ten years never a problem, then you need three new wiper blades
as they are smearing answer I know when they'd had it and I change them, to take out a service plan now for three years not five is
£999 than I asked how much is a service I was told £250 for small £350 for large, asked if there was mk5 jazz out next year
answer don't know but if you are wondering about the eight year warranty there are loads of restrictions on it like you would
have to have everything we suggest, so glad I took it to local garage for m.o.t what would they have come up with? today its
all about making money and being ruthless, this was Vertu honda, nearly forgot your paper work was always put in a folder with
first second third service written on it now its just handed to you without folder.
I forgot what I came to forget.

Kremmen

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5691
  • Country: england
  • My Honda: None - Sold
Re: Car service
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2026, 05:45:13 AM »
They tried the AC clean trick with me. They reckoned mine was loaded with bacteria, off the scale, and needed a £99 clean, which I declined

I still think the pollen filter should be changed annually as it was with previous cars

If you are concerned you can get your own air bomb for under £20
Let's be careful out there !

Pine

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 479
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: 2026 Advance Sport Crystal Red
Re: Car service
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2026, 09:08:57 AM »
I thought changing the pollen filter was included in a the Honda service.

NathanC67

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 40
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk 3
Re: Car service
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2026, 09:30:02 AM »
I thought changing the pollen filter was included in a the Honda service.
Every two years I think?

Lord Voltermore

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3258
  • Country: gb
  • Fuel economy: 66.6 mpg
  • My Honda: 2024 advance
Re: Car service
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2026, 09:47:34 AM »
Just had a service  by  a Vertu group dealership , who did try and flog me some extras.Which I refused. But to be fair there was no 'hard sell,' and some other dealerships also do so.

Firstly , offered at the time of booking ,was a triple package of aircon 'service' , fuel additive, and an additive to help flush the old engine oil.     I cant remember the price  but thought it was actually quite low for a main dealer price. (£40 or so ?) I think to tempt the uninitiated customer   who may not realise its totally unnecessary.  I refused the offer.   As Kremmen says you could do the aircon airbomb, and petrol additive yourself for about £20  , if you thought it necessary ( I didnt). And I dont think hot 0w20 oil an a relatively low mileage Honda  needs any flushing.

On the service reminder E mail  they also tried to flog  either a 2 wheel alignment or 4 wheel at higher cost , this time at a typical high main dealer cost.   Whilst I can see the virtu (Vertu ;D) of this if you think you might have bashed wheels on potholes etc,  I know i hadnt and ignored it.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2026, 09:52:10 AM by Lord Voltermore »
My IQ test came back negative

NathanC67

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 40
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk 3
Re: Car service
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2026, 10:55:45 AM »
They suggested a wheel alignment for me at last year's service, and I agreed to it, but then on the day the equipment was out of service so it didn't get done and therefore no bill.

I don't know whether I dodged a bullet or not.

I've never had a hard sell though. Everything offered that I politely decline is accepted with no push back. This is also a Vertu dealership.

JB

  • Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 216
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport Hybrid
Re: Car service
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2026, 12:49:47 PM »
I forgot to add in the first post when the car was finished I had asked for the courtesy wash
and to my surprise the windows had been cleaned inside and the carpets vacuumed.
I forgot what I came to forget.

coldstart

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 850
  • Country: ch
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Adv
Re: Car service
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2026, 06:54:41 PM »
Of course: Quite unasked for, I'd like to add my 2ç (as usual: YMMV!)
When I bought my Jazz (my first Honda!) mid 2023 I asked my dealership about the "service plans" offered by Honda.

He told my (somewhat in "confidence"): You know, what they (Honda) are willing to pay me in these contracts doesn't even meet my bottom line if I do my job correctly!

Call me "naive/gullible/whatever": I do believe in live and let live!

Why, on earth, would I want to bring my preferred dealearship out of business, as long as they are treating me right?

(and trust me: They are! - because "trust" always goes both ways!)

Addendum:
And I want my car to get the full treatment and not only that what the Honda x-years-plan covers!
I'm now motoring for 50 years and my "policy" so far has never failed me so far, as I had never ever a problem with an "immobile" car!  <fingers crossed!>

« Last Edit: October 04, 2026, 07:08:02 PM by coldstart »

zdan

  • Approved Member
  • *
  • Posts: 32
  • Country: gb
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Car service
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2026, 08:54:50 PM »
I had a similar thing with Honda Western Edinburgh when I bought my Jazz. They wanted to add so many thing to my car at triple the market prices because they are a dealer and I said no for everything on their second hand Jazz.
In the end, they agreed to change the 12v battery and replace the plastic alloy inserts. The car will be ready in 7 days they said with everything done. I told them I cannot pick it up as I had to go overseas for a month just a day later after their 7 days so they sent it to me a day before my trip.
I was not at home, my partner just got the keys and when I got back from work, merely hours before my flight - no 12v batttery and no alloys inserts. I called from a day later from the airport telling me they couldn't replace because they don't have the parts. OK, some plastics and 12v battery, really? So why did you keep the car for 7 days and I had to spend on the train?
No problem. Paid the whole PCP directly with Honda Financial Services so the selling lady (Emily, thank you) can kiss goodbye to the 1.5k commision she was supposed to get.
2 months later after countless of chasing (I was just pushing my luck) - sorry, what parts are you talking about? Right, no worries. I was just silly to not get everything in writing when I signed the deal but I'm so happy she won 0 from the deal.
Mate, some random indy all-brands dealership, fine, I understand. The official Honda Dealer? Paying a premium over the usual, yes? They deserve to go bust.

Tags:
 

anything
Back to top