Author Topic: Dashboard Center Panel Removal, New android radio unit  (Read 1499 times)

vnmo

  • New Member
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: se
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 iDSi GD1
Dashboard Center Panel Removal, New android radio unit
« on: October 01, 2026, 08:23:30 AM »
Hello!

I have gotten a new android radio unit with carplay and android auto. Only major step is to remove the dashboard centre panel. YT videos makes it look very easy but it is NOT. I am wondering if I am missing something.

The online forum (see link) says to remove one clip by pushing it from inside the glove box. While I located it, pushing it is not making any difference. Trying to pull out with all my might is also not working our. (I did remove the *TWO* bolts after removing the bottom panel). On the other hand youtube videos do not show this step.
https://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/M0/SAA2EM0J26220219291KDAT00.HTML

The forum shows steps for 1)Manual AC model with round dials and 2) Automatic AC unit with buttons but with a screen for navigation. Mine is automatic AC unit without navigation (LHD, Sweden). Photo attached.

That brings me to the question:
- Do someone know if these steps are correct for my model?
- Am i missing some bolts? Other areas with clips have come very easily for me -- for example glove box. This could also be becuse unlike glove boxes that needs to be removed often, radio unit was never touched.
- Do you have any wonderful tips to remove the panel?

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Tags:
 

anything
Back to top