I have Garmin Maps working again!
Happy to hear!
- Fresh Windows 11 install in a Virtual Machine (possibly not needed; I use Linux normally)
I did the update with a Windows 7 VirtualBox-VM running on Debian "Trixie" without problems

(just keep in mind, that Windows 7 - though thankfully still supported by Garmin-Express - only allows USB
2.x sticks! - took me some time to figure out, why this setup was capable to update my standalone Garmin but not the Jazz!)
Finally I realised the difference: My standalone Garmin is USB 2.x only and the stick was USB 3.x!
Long story short: For God's sake: Please (pretty please!) keep away from Windows
11 when you already "saw the light" and moved on to Linux!
So far, there is no need to "revert" to Windows 11, as long as Garmin-Express still runs on Windows 7!
P.S. And don't get me started about "security issues" running a Windows 7 system in 2026!
(You have
no idea about my (hardware) setup - "paranoia" is my middle name! - Plus: The W7 VM gets fired up only for updating the Garmin appliances and afterwards is reset to its original state)
It's definitely not my fault, that Garmin appears too "dumb" to offer a simple download of new maps without a proprietory app (restricted to Windows and Macs)...
In the long run they probably will suffer the fate of "Brockhaus" vs "Wikipedia" - or in this case: "Garmin" vs OpenStreetMap".