Emp: Yes, my HERE live traffic info started working again after I had tried Google maps on Apple CarPlay, and then reverted to the phone WiFi hotspot. The problem must have been my clumsiness!
today I tried HERE using the phone's Wi-fi hotspot for real time traffic information and attaching the cable to the phone so I can get Android Auto via the cable.
Was working good. Just need to do some extra work like 1) activating the Wi-fi hotspot on your phone 2) connect the audio system of the vehicle to your phone's hotspot by selecting the hotspot in General Settings, Connections. The HERE navigation now shows the traffic information logo highlighted (or not greyed out) so you know it is working.
Working good, HERE maybe looks a bit more professional (than WAZE). But then HERE will not give you information about speed cameras etc. So I probably stick with WAZE for now.