Author Topic: moving to uk and bringing my jazz  (Read 3005 times)

Ciaran84

• Approved Member
moving to uk and bringing my jazz
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »
I'm planning a move to the UK towards the end of the summer and there's some stuff i need to clear up.

First and foremost, my speedo and odo are in kms only. Obviously i need them changed to miles so i know i'm doing the right speeds... Does anyone know if this would be expensive to do?

Would i be liable to get a lot less for the car if i trade it in at a Honda dealer over there? Assume i have re-regged, MOT'd and had the speedo/odo changed.

I don't know if i should just sell it on here and bring the cash with me to buy another straight up. It would be a lot more hassle but might be worth it in the long run.

Also a question unrelated to moving... None of the Halfords here have a listing for the rear wiper blade size for a Jazz and mine is getting quite ragged. I also wouldn't trust their staff to recommend an air freshener, never mind a wiper blade. If anyone knows the size that fits, i would appreciate it!

Cheers in advance for all the help!

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: moving to uk and bringing my jazz
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
The rear wiper is specific part obviously available from Honda.

Try this link:

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/honda-jazz-2002-to-2008-rear-wiper-blades/

guest229

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:54:49 AM »
I can recommend wiperblades I have used their blades for a while now.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 04:37:32 PM »

You don't state where you are if outside EU then £££££'s to import.
I'd check the cost of importing then enquire with HMRC re bringing a Japanese car into UK

AS regards the rear wiper - Ebay search usually has good results.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 08:26:31 PM »
Assuming it is left-hand drive then yes it will be worth less over here come trade-in. People may buy LHD sports cars but everyday cars like the Jazz will be harder to sell. You may have more luck selling it privately, maybe to someone in the armed forces who will be stationed aboard? You never know, someone may want a cheap, economical LHD car for this reason.

If this is a RHD car from Japan or Ireland then it wouldn't matter that much. It will be worth slightly less though.

The instrustments being in kms won't matter that much. The mph figures will be printed on the inside of the speedometer. I wouldn't think it would be worth the hassle to change the instruments.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:41:59 PM »
The instruments being in kms won't matter that much. The mph figures will be printed on the inside of the speedometer. I wouldn't think it would be worth the hassle to change the instruments.
That's not always the case. I've seen Irish cars with only kph marked on the speedo. Ditto for French cars that I've hired.

Ciaran84

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
I'm coming from Ireland and it only has KMs on the speedo.

Tags:

anything