Author Topic: DAB aerial adapter  (Read 13734 times)

jasper2344

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.5 Sport
DAB aerial adapter
« on: July 21, 2024, 10:35:43 AM »
Hi all i just wondered if anyone has come across an adapter for the aerial on a 2018 model? I would really like to change the head unit but dont want to go to the expense of having to have a new shark fin fitted and a windscreen mounted aerial is not an option for me. Many thanks.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue, previously GD x 3
DAB aerial adapter
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 10:44:45 AM »
Hi all i just wondered if anyone has come across an adapter for the aerial on a 2018 model? I would really like to change the head unit but dont want to go to the expense of having to have a new shark fin fitted and a windscreen mounted aerial is not an option for me. Many thanks.
Searched the internet for a long time to find one but sadly nowhere to be found. The only way is to chop off the loom connector and solder on a suitable Fakra or SMA connector depending on the headunit.

You could then make an adapter from the short length of cable you removed to enable you to return it standard if you ever needed. Beware if you decide on this as the cable is incredibly fragile.

I decided not to bother as I prefer the sound quality of FM over DAB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 10:47:19 AM by UKjim »

jasper2344

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Re: DAB aerial adapter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2024, 11:01:12 AM »
So it is something that could be done by either an enthusiast with knowledge or someone who fits car stereos proffessionally?

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2024, 11:05:44 AM »
So it is something that could be done by either an enthusiast with knowledge or someone who fits car stereos proffessionally?
Someone with excellent soldering skills is required rather than a professional car stereo installer.

jasper2344

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2024, 11:10:31 AM »
Someone with excellent soldering skills is required rather than a professional car stereo installer.

Thanks for the info. I may well reach out to a local company who have been installing sterios for a very long while so may well have the skills i need.

jazzyb88

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 02:03:55 PM »
You can try emailing these guys as well if you have a picture of the connector: https://www.incarconnections.co.uk/contact.html

They sell an adaptor that goes up to the 2014 Jazz, may be they will know of one that exists for 2015-2020?

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2024, 07:41:30 AM »
You can try emailing these guys as well if you have a picture of the connector: https://www.incarconnections.co.uk/contact.html

They sell an adaptor that goes up to the 2014 Jazz, may be they will know of one that exists for 2015-2020?
I have been in contact with incarconnections and they don't have the DAB adapter.

jazzyb88

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2024, 12:51:11 PM »
Ok in that case then your suggestion of cutting the connector off is the only one that makes sense or seeing if a female adaptor for the Jazz DAB aerial exists and then making your own conversion adaptor?

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2024, 01:34:17 PM »
Ok in that case then your suggestion of cutting the connector off is the only one that makes sense or seeing if a female adaptor for the Jazz DAB aerial exists and then making your own conversion adaptor?
Sadly it doesn't exist.

Tags:

anything