Author Topic: Cvt oil change  (Read 4647 times)

Spjazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2010 mk2 honda jazz cvt
Cvt oil change
« on: July 09, 2024, 07:21:46 PM »
Hello everyone, new here and just bought a 2010 jazz auto. I'm going to change the cvt oil but I'm a bit confused with what I've read about where to re-fill the gearbox. The mk2 is supposed to have a dipstick but I've looked and can't find it?I've noticed from YouTube videos it seems there's two different autos,as mine doesn't have the gear lever going straight up and down. Does this mean it has a filler plug on the gearbox,rather than the dipstick? Any help would be appreciated

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Civic e:hev elegance 2024
Re: Cvt oil change
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 08:16:11 PM »
Are you sure you have a cvt? Mk2 also came with a robotised 6-speed automatic gearbox from 2008 to 2010. It has a lever with + and - rather than just P, R, N and D.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 06:18:47 AM »
Hello everyone, new here and just bought a 2010 jazz auto. I'm going to change the cvt oil but I'm a bit confused with what I've read about where to re-fill the gearbox. The mk2 is supposed to have a dipstick but I've looked and can't find it?I've noticed from YouTube videos it seems there's two different autos,as mine doesn't have the gear lever going straight up and down. Does this mean it has a filler plug on the gearbox,rather than the dipstick? Any help would be appreciated
A 2010 Jazz has I Shift.
Normal gear oil

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 08:35:43 AM »
Are you sure you have a cvt? Mk2 also came with a robotised 6-speed automatic gearbox from 2008 to 2010. It has a lever with + and - rather than just P, R, N and D.

If I understand this correctly, these are normal 6-speed gearboxes with a conventional clutch but the gear selection and clutch actuation are carried out through an electronic actuator which is bolted to the side of the gearbox. There is a conventional clutch set-up with a release lever and normal clutch hydraulics (master and slave cylinder) but all the "leg work" of pressing and releading the clutch pedal is co-ordinated by the electronics.

As Marco1979 says, It just has a lever with + and - in place of P, R, N and D.  My car also has + and - paddles on the steering wheel which also allows up and down changes.

I had a problem with the reversing light and bought a replacement gearbox switch for an auto which, as it turned out, was a different thread size and would not fit.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 08:37:52 AM »
Put your Jazz details into the coxhondaparts website they are main UK dealership the correct service items once ordered arrive quickly. Job done enjoy your new Jazz

Spjazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 08:55:24 AM »
Yes,it doesn't have the up and down only with park on the gear selection.  It has move the lever left for manual/auto changes and left for neutral and back for reverse

Spjazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 09:16:11 AM »
Apologies everyone,yes looking in the car manual it is the I shift not the cvt. Frrl a bit stupid now,if I'd looked properly I could've answered this myself and not have bought the cvt oil in the first place! Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, much appreciated

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 03:32:52 PM »
You could sell the CVT oil on here or other websites.....

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2024, 08:13:19 AM »
Apologies everyone,yes looking in the car manual it is the I shift not the cvt. Frrl a bit stupid now,if I'd looked properly I could've answered this myself and not have bought the cvt oil in the first place! Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, much appreciated

No apologies necessary. I'm sure that many owners have made similar mistakes when trying to read the handbook (which has something like 400+ pages to wade through).  The i-shift gearbox set-up is rather unusual, being a hybrid of manual and auto and there being no immediately available information without some heavy reading - and we all want to jump in our new car to drive and enjoy it!

Tags:

anything