Author Topic: Honda Jazz Advance Sport Hev 2024 - speed alarm  (Read 105416 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: Honda Jazz Advance Sport Hev 2024 - speed alarm
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2024, 04:55:27 PM »
As far as I know (Civic instead of Jazz), it gives 3 short beeps when going 1 mph or 1 kmph over the limit it reads from posted signs (so no gps involved). Also the limit in the display flashes a few times.
That’s it. No effect on available power, no limitations, no further beeps unless you slow down and cross the limit when accelerating again.

Yes, the system works on the Jazz exactly as described above.
It does NOT sound continuously, whilst driving above the prevailing limit.

I prefer to use ACC rather than LIM, but the daft thing about it is, the beeps still occur whether ACC or LIM is activated or not.
Again, it is not 100% reliable and still picks up spurious signs from elsewhere.

Eg, I regularly drive though a local village, with a 30mph limit. However,  on ‘dustbin’ day, all the bins are out, plastered with 20mph signs ( it’s a local safety initiative)
Guess which limit the car picks up?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2024, 06:53:02 PM »
Happy for beep if I exceed the limit on the road I am on. But current system often detects signs applicable to side roads etc. my 2021 car also displays conditional signs such as 30 kph in snow (even though no sign is displayed). Had snow sign yesterday !  Will these beep? 
 I may need to switch it off most trips and do without any advantage of sign recognition.    My old Garmin standalone could be set to beep if I exceeded the satnav limit for that road and was accurate for most roads. The Garmin honda system does not bleep and often displays the wrong limit. I am hoping the new satnav will be better.  Maybe I could run the standalone out of sight just for it's audible warning  :-*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 06:56:31 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

JB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport Hybrid
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2024, 07:41:59 PM »
This is strange, I have September 2023 advance sport and get the speed light flashing
when over the limit but never had the bleeping noise maybe something wrong with it
I don't know.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2024, 07:53:57 PM »
This is strange, I have September 2023 advance sport and get the speed light flashing
when over the limit but never had the bleeping noise maybe something wrong with it
I don't know.
I think prior to model year 2025 you could switch off the audible In settings and have flash only which is easily ignored (I do it all the time  :-[)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 07:57:39 PM by Lord Voltermore »

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2024, 08:28:35 PM »
I don't know.
My "2024 model year" Crosstar, which I bought in 2023, works the same way as yours. And the flashing can be switched off in the settings, so that it only displays the speed limit that the camera has seen. I never hear it beep when driving over the limit (unless I activate the intelligent speed limiter using the steering wheel buttons).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 08:35:40 PM by ahavoja »

JB

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2024, 11:18:05 PM »
I don't know.Yes I bet its right what you are saying there was someone else the same
in earlier post Bristol Crosstar post four.
My "2024 model year" Crosstar, which I bought in 2023, works the same way as yours. And the flashing can be switched off in the settings, so that it only displays the speed limit that the camera has seen. I never hear it beep when driving over the limit (unless I activate the intelligent speed limiter using the steering wheel buttons).

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2024, 09:45:20 AM »
Have been checking through my paperwork, supplied with the car, delivered 17-06-24.
The Certificate of Conformity, shows the date of manufacture as, 02-04-24, with a Type Approval date of 18-12-23.
The 10th/11th digit of the Vin No. is SS.

I guess this means, all vehicles manufactured after the Type Approval date, will have the audible warning for overspeed.

The relevant Vin digits on my previous car, delivered June23 were RS, which had no audible overspeed warning.

Jazzie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHEV advance sport
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2024, 10:58:53 AM »
I can now confirm that the speed alarm does not continuously beep when the speed limit is breached.  It is limited to 3 beeps and then it shuts up however much above the limit you go - unless you go below the speed limit and then exceed it again in which case you are treated to the 3 beeps again.

So, undoubtedly annoying as you cannot silence it but not as bad as it could be.  I'll have to learn to live with it.  (I am still annoyed that the sales manager at the dealership did not mention this new 'feature'.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 11:01:30 AM by Jazzie »

Tox Laximus

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 52
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2024, 07:41:01 AM »
There has to be a way, what about putting duct tape over the camera so it don't know what the speed limit is?

PS. I don't recommend doing that because it might bork lane assist and adaptive cruise.
Just because the enemy surrenders does not mean you have to stop pummeling them.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2024, 08:24:43 AM »
I am in continental europe at present.  When entering a town or village its often only the  place name that indicates the national urban limit now applies. There are no roundels.    In one case my satnav said 50kph  (The usual urban limit), but  every few hundred metres a very large speed bump had recently  been installed  ,each with its own speed bump warning and 30KPH roundel.  The bumps were large and you wouldnt want to hit one at more than 30kph,   but I was left in doubt, was it 50 kph through the entire village or 30 kph  -( It was a very wide main road )  .  To add further confusion there were still older  40 kph roundels displayed  with a conditional plate that  this 'lower'  (than 50 kph) limit applied if it was wet or icy.   I also saw these 40kph signs in places where there was no doubt the limit in good weather  is 90 kph.    The recognition system recognised  just the 40 kph roundel  so presumably the new cars would at times be beeping when I am not in fact exceeding the limit.   

I can probably tolerate just 3 beeps.   

Steve-M's earlier comment that the new satnav system  gives better support to the speed monitoring system  suggests to me it may make more use of gps location  (even if you dont have  a satnav display  option)  to establish  the applicable speed limit, rather than  relying entirely on possibly absent or confusing roundel  signs. 

There has to be a way, what about putting duct tape over the camera so it don't know what the speed limit is?

PS. I don't recommend doing that because it might bork lane assist and adaptive cruise.

I saw, but didnt read, a recent  news feed that says there will be fines if you dont have the system after  1 july.  I didnt read it as i took it as typical  journalist 'click bait' ,as you dont need to retro fit it to older cars, and new cars will have it ,like it or not.      But its quite likely that knobbllng a car that must have it, by for instance masking, or disabling the bleeper would be illegal.   It might not be illegal to modify a car  first registered before the cut off date  ,but it might void your insurance.

But what about  drivers  with hearing loss . Are they lucky to avoid the annoying bleeps, or at greater risk from the consequences of unbridled  speeding?     Might insurers  increase their  premiums?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 09:03:35 AM by Lord Voltermore »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2024, 10:35:48 AM »
With all these beeps for this that and the other, just another annoyance

There is some, wet behind the ears, sat at a desk, bored stiff, just thinking these up without thinking about any downsides
Let's be careful out there !

Jazzie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHEV advance sport
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2024, 12:42:17 PM »
With all these beeps for this that and the other, just another annoyance

There is some, wet behind the ears, sat at a desk, bored stiff, just thinking these up without thinking about any downsides

I totally agree.  But as well as being annoying they are downright dangerous because they are a distraction - you have to take your eyes off the road to read what your latest infringement of their silly rules is.

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2024, 10:14:41 AM »
Another problem with this technology is that the cars speedometer reads 2mph faster than the satnav, so the car will beep at you even though technically you haven't actually exceeded the speed limit.

JB

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2024, 04:40:47 PM »
Also the outside temperature display never reads the same as my wife's apple phone
or watch, have tried the adjustment +1+2+3 or _1_2_3 but it never stops the same
as watch or phone, its the first car I've known with a outside temperature adjustment.

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Civic e:hev elegance 2024
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2024, 04:49:22 PM »
Also the outside temperature display never reads the same as my wife's apple phone
or watch, have tried the adjustment +1+2+3 or _1_2_3 but it never stops the same
as watch or phone, its the first car I've known with a outside temperature adjustment.
Phones do not measure temperature because they cannot do that properly (they are kept in your pocket, they heat up during usage etc), so they display temperature measured at a measuring station nearby. They might even interpolate between 2 or 3 if needed.
Your car actually measures temperature where you are: a cool parking garage or a spot in direct solar radiation. So the car is way more accurate to the local situation. And you might adjust it if you want to ;).

Tags:

anything