Author Topic: Jazz looses drive  (Read 3484 times)

77 angus

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz hatch
Jazz looses drive
« on: June 20, 2024, 12:38:49 AM »
Hi All, I am new to this froum, so i will give it a go & see what happenes,My old 2004 jazz looses all drive & just reves for what seems like about 15-30 seconds then comes back & drives as it should, this might happen once a month or can go for several months between episodes, a bit concerning, I feel it might stop driving all together one day.has anyone else had this problem & can shed a bit of light on the problem.
thank you.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Jazz looses drive
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 09:18:20 AM »
Hi . Welcome to the forum.

Is it a CVT  automatic?         These may improve  if the cvt transmission oil is drained and replaced with fresh oil of the correct specification.       Some owners also report good results   from adding a dose of special cvt oil additive made by third parties .     You can probably find discussions on this by using the search box at the top of the page.

But when the gearbox is drained  some old fluid remains behind.  . For best results this should also be flushed out.
 One way is to change the oil , drive  the car for a short time to ensure the  new mixes and dilutes the old ,then drain it again and refill with new.    But the correct stuff is quite expensive .
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 12:24:01 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

77 angus

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz hatch
Re: Jazz looses drive
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 01:41:59 AM »
It is a CVT & I have changed the fluid, the car will go quite alright for a couple of months, & then it will do it again, I usually slip it out of drive & then put it back in drive & away it goes again for another few months,It drives perfect between these little hickups, happens more often when the car is just warming up.
thank you for your reply.

Tags:

anything