Author Topic: Selling a Jazz  (Read 15231 times)

09wukd1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Mark 2
Selling a Jazz
« on: June 16, 2024, 10:54:55 PM »
Just finished my first year of driving and need to bid farewell to my Honda Jazz 2015 Mk2 1.4L CVT as I'm migrating to Asia. Currently at 37k but will probably get to just 39k before I finish (as I do 200 miles a week on average and might do a trip to Wales).

Any tips on selling a car? I know of CarWow and Facebook Marketplaces, but trying to get the best deal of course. I'm down in Reading and looking for around end of July sale. Can't sell it earlier than the 19th July.

jazzphil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GE
Re: Selling a Jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 12:41:00 PM »
You could try Motorway

www.motorway.co.uk

TonyH

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 01:52:57 PM »
How much would you be looking for ? 8)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2024, 06:00:16 AM »
+1 Motorway. If selling privately take care never give a test drive you drive it, don't hand over paperwork until cash paid into your bank account.
Best to see what over Jazz are selling for locally check Auto trader for similar spec vehicles asking prices. Good luck.

09wukd1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2024, 04:04:42 PM »
How much would you be looking for ? 8)

I bought it for 12k when it was at 22k miles. Will be under 40k before I go. I'm hoping for 10k. Are you interested in a Jazz?

09wukd1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2024, 04:07:47 PM »
+1 Motorway. If selling privately take care never give a test drive you drive it, don't hand over paperwork until cash paid into your bank account.
Best to see what over Jazz are selling for locally check Auto trader for similar spec vehicles asking prices. Good luck.

Thanks for this! I will take this into account!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2024, 07:22:56 AM »
I have succesfuly sold many cars privately. I'm confident in dealing with buyers and take lots of precautions to avoid problems. That would be my first choice without question.

I have no interest in lining the motor trades pockets anymore than I absolutely have to. Any margin you acheive of above the best traders prices for your car, is money for free.

The first thing you can do, for almost free, is stick a for sale sign in your car. It works! I've sold more than one car by doing so.

When it comes to any online advert, the photographs you use and the advert wording are key. Shocking photos and a poorly worded advert will not get the result you want. Lots of info online on how to write an add and photograph a car for sale.

Research the prices they go for, and price well. The Jazz is a solid choice and will always find a willing buyer.

If you're not confident in selling the car privately though, then the likes of Motorway and other trade buying firms will invariably offer a better price than part ex. For the trade, buying private has a lot of advantages over buying from auction houses such as BCA and Manheim etc which is why you get a better price.

Good luck with you sale.  :D

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2024, 12:31:24 PM »
My 2pence tips : Always clean inside the door jam, polish windscreen and clean the headlamps & number plates esp the front. I plates marked or broken always replace with new.
Avoid flea bay full of dreamers.
Good luck with your sale
+1 for Motorway

09wukd1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2024, 12:40:29 PM »
I have succesfuly sold many cars privately. I'm confident in dealing with buyers and take lots of precautions to avoid problems. That would be my first choice without question.

I have no interest in lining the motor trades pockets anymore than I absolutely have to. Any margin you acheive of above the best traders prices for your car, is money for free.

The first thing you can do, for almost free, is stick a for sale sign in your car. It works! I've sold more than one car by doing so.

When it comes to any online advert, the photographs you use and the advert wording are key. Shocking photos and a poorly worded advert will not get the result you want. Lots of info online on how to write an add and photograph a car for sale.

Research the prices they go for, and price well. The Jazz is a solid choice and will always find a willing buyer.

If you're not confident in selling the car privately though, then the likes of Motorway and other trade buying firms will invariably offer a better price than part ex. For the trade, buying private has a lot of advantages over buying from auction houses such as BCA and Manheim etc which is why you get a better price.

Good luck with you sale.  :D

This is great advice. Will get a sign up ASAP. I actually park my car in the apartment block private car park, would you suggest I find a residential street parking for a couple days?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2024, 01:53:26 PM »
Sales is a numbers game. The more people see your car, the more likely you are to get interest. If you are happy to park your car where more people will see it, then do so. For years I lived on a fairly busy route into town, and had success with the good old 'A4 paper and sellotape' advert. Don't forget your contact details and vehicle description such as history etc. 

Other free places to advertise are Gumtree and Motors.co.uk. The former will get a lot of chancers, but it can get results. The later, well you might be lucky but it's never worked for me! I understand FBook marketplace is also free, but I've no account.

BTW, the trade do scour private ads looking for decent cars. It saves them massive auction fees and they get to have a proper look at the car before they buy it. Trade buying platforms such as Motorway cost them money too.

I would however very strongly recommend you do your research on staying safe when selling. Basics like getting ID and payment etc. If in doubt, do not sell. Any genuine buyer will be happy to comply.

Tags: