Author Topic: Squeaky Clutch Pedal  (Read 3734 times)

Beanbag

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 1.5 sport + 2006 1.3 sport
Squeaky Clutch Pedal
« on: May 23, 2024, 06:03:30 PM »
Our original Jazz has been with us for 18 years and given sterling service without many problems.
However, yesterday , Mrs Beanbag noticed that there was a squeaking noise coming from the pedal area every time she used the clutch. I took it for a run today and she is spot on. Quite happy pulling my Morris Minors about but this is far to complicated.
Any ideas anyone? On my Minor, I would lubricate the pedal pivots and then look a a clutch Thrust Bearing,
but I do not know if a Mk1 Jazz even  has a Thrust bearing ?
At 77 too much crawling around underneath might be a bit of a chore . but any ideas please.
Thanks in advance :)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Squeaky Clutch Pedal
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 03:40:14 PM »
It will have some sort of thrust bearing between the static release  mechanism  and the rotating clutch . The clutch may be released hydraulically, or mechanically with pivots,levers, release  forks etc.

If you are lucky the squeak may be from external hinges, return springs etc  on the clutch  pedal  etc that might improve with some lubrication  .

If the squeak comes from the clutch mechanisms within the bell housing  itself it might only be cured with a replacement clutch.   And its normally good good practice to take the opportunity to replace all 3 parts, whether they need it or not. Pressure plate, friction plate and thrust bearing  .  And possibly also the release hydraulics.
 Or maybe the clutch will remain serviceable for a long time yet if you can tolerate the squeak.     I would  describe a worn clutch release bearing as a sort of continuous rumbling all the time you are pressing on the clutch pedal, rather than a brief squeak as you press or release it. 
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

bobby boy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 04:53:40 PM »
Take care when lubricating clutch pedal pivot and clevis pin, you don't want oil or grease dropping on the pedal, Mrs Beanbag may not be amused. Make sure to lube the slave cylinder where piston pushes the clutch operating lever.

Beanbag

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 1.5 sport + 2006 1.3 sport
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 07:31:52 PM »
Thanks Guys. Appreciated

Tags: