Author Topic: Can't work the radio properly!  (Read 969 times)

Trelawney

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 2017
Can't work the radio properly!
« on: October 11, 2023, 12:44:14 PM »
This sounds daft but I'd like to preset a few DAB radio stations.

Also to be able to turn the radio off other than by muting it.

I can get to the individual stations I want but when I get to the preset option it tells me to press a number to save the station. But I can't see any number of work out how to generate one.

Having previously driven a 2007 Ford Focus I am in the dark.

I am quite computer literate, but I am finding it hard to navigate the display and the manual/handbook isn't much help. All help appreciated.

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Can't work the radio properly!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 01:42:21 PM »
It is best not to turn the radio off completely; this might cause communication errors with the satnav or the phone connection.

In the radio screen you should see buttons near the bottom. When empty it might show numbers, but when in use it says ‘Radio1’ or similar. Press and hold a button for 5 seconds until you hear a beep. The current station is saved over the previous one (or the empty one).
Selecting the station is just pressing it short and gently.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 05:29:15 PM »
This sounds daft but I'd like to preset a few DAB radio stations.

Also to be able to turn the radio off other than by muting it.

I can get to the individual stations I want but when I get to the preset option it tells me to press a number to save the station. But I can't see any number of work out how to generate one.

Having previously driven a 2007 Ford Focus I am in the dark.

I am quite computer literate, but I am finding it hard to navigate the display and the manual/handbook isn't much help. All help appreciated.

I remember struggling with this! Be aware that there are two infotainment units fitted to these cars; the base model has what Honda calls "colour audio system", the higher-spec cars have "display audio system". It's not clear from your profile which one you have. However, looking at the online manual ...
https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/cars/owners/manuals/2017%20Jazz%20Owners%20Manual.pdf:
Colour Audio System is described on p.221 et seq. This unit has separate control knobs and and a row of buttons across the bottom. See picture on p.235:
* you press the volume knob to turn the audio on/off
* you use the row of buttons across the bottom to store and listen to DAB presets.
Display Audio System is described on p.251 et seq. This unit does not have physical buttons or knobs (except on/off), it's all done through the touchscreen.
* picture on p.276 shows the on/off button (this picture shows it to top left of the unit, but in a RHD car I think it's actually top right)
* p.277 describes how to store a DAB preset.

Trelawney

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 08:55:37 AM »
Thanks Colin B - that's really helpful.

p277 is the right set up for me.

I am still a bit vague about the difference between Ensemble and Service - which is better to use to find a particular station.

Whichever one I have been using, I can find a particular station, but then - when I get to stage 4 - can't see a number coming up on the display by which to store it.

Trelawney

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 10:53:47 AM »
It is what to do from this screen that is puzzling me. How/where to input a number?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 01:24:44 PM »
It is what to do from this screen that is puzzling me. How/where to input a number?

OK, I think I see your problem. The trick (as usual …) is to follow the instructions in the order given. Referring to p.277, your screenshot suggests you’ve done step 1 (ie finding a station you want). Now you need to do step 2 (refer to picture on p.251 if unsure which is the Menu button and what it does) before you can do step 3 and finally step 4.

If still thwarted, you may need to find a teenager to sort it out for you … assuming you can find one who understands the alien concept of “broadcast radio”!

Tags: