Author Topic: Rear doors problem  (Read 1577 times)

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
Rear doors problem
« on: November 01, 2022, 05:58:29 PM »
Hello,
I would like to confront a problem with the operation of the rear doors,
I list the problem trying to be as clear as possible,
1) I close the doors from the inside with central locking (button in the driver's door)
2) From the outside no door opens (obviously)
3) From the inside the driver's door and the passenger door open, while in the rear seats it is not possible to open the door from the inside (the child safety option is deactivated)
4) If (from the inside) I open the passenger door from the outside, all the other doors cannot be opened
5) If (from the inside) I open the driver's door from the outside it is possible to open all the other doors
6) If I open the central locking from the inside (button in the driver's door) all the doors can be opened both from the outside and from the inside.

All this to say that the rear seat passengers can never get them out of the car independently if I don't remove the central locking (button in the driver's door) or open the driver's door.

Do you think it is normal to work like this?
I think adults should be able to get out of the rear seats by pulling the door release lever.
Thanks for the replies
(Sorry for the mistakes I used Google Translate)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Rear doors problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 07:20:14 PM »
Try setting the child safety lock in the opposite position.

Wonder

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 08:48:31 PM »
Hello,
I have already tried, but in any position I put child safety on, if I close the doors with the "central locking" button, the people in the back will no longer be able to open the doors.

Wonder

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 10:03:42 PM »
Hello,
it would be enough for someone to do a test with the rear doors of their car to understand if this problem also happens to others (and therefore it would become a "normal" thing) or only on my car.
Thanks to those who want to do this test.

Wonder

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 11:35:13 PM »
Hello,
Can someone please test the rear doors and tell me how did you go?
ie close all the doors with central locking (by pressing the button on the armrest) and then try to open the rear doors from the inside by pulling the handle.
Did the doors not open to me and to you?
Thanks for your help

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 10:49:57 AM »
I have tried them. Probably not all the tests you did.    I think the child locks  were off.

I locked the doors from the drivers armrest.     The rear doors do not open from the inside,  or the outside.
The front passenger door still opens from the inside.     The rear electric windows can still be opened by the rear passenger but this doesnt help as the outside door handles still dont work.       And if the driver has pressed the electric window override button on the arm rest, the rear passengers cant even open their window. 

I tried it in park and in Drive. Same result.

If I remember correctly  opening the drivers door cancels the central locking and rear doors can then be opened.

So this does seem to be normal,not  a fault with your car.      But I agree it could potentially be  hazardous.   Whilst you dont want passengers  opening doors or getting out into traffic,   the arrangement  virtually allows the driver to keep rear passengers captive.   Which is not good if the driver has evil intent  ,  or in the event of a crash where the driver is disabled in some way, or is  taken ill.

I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 11:28:08 AM »
I don't know, but you'll probably find that the doors automatically unlock in the event of a crash (airbags or fuel cut-off inertia switch triggered etc).

Wonder

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2022, 02:44:07 PM »
Hello,
in the meantime, thanks for the proof you did,
on the 15th I have to take the car to the workshop and hear what they think of this fact.
I am perplexed by the fact that an adult sitting in the rear seats of the car for a reason X needs to get out quickly and is unable to open the door and is effectively stuck inside the car.
I do not think it is a safe thing, also because I do not understand at this point why there is the command to disable the rear doors for children when in fact they are already locked !?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2022, 03:17:49 PM »
I do not understand at this point why there is the command to disable the rear doors for children when in fact they are already locked !?
Child locks have been in use for many years.  It reduces  the possibility of them opening the door and getting out of the car at a dangerous time  ,such as while its moving, or into moving traffic.     But an adult can normally get out by opening the window and using the outside handle.    But bear in mind a 3 door car also traps rear passengers until the driver or passenger gets out.

Wonder

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2022, 03:25:45 PM »
Hello,
sure my old car also had blocks for the children,
but if in the Jazz it is enough for me to close the doors with the central locking button to lock all the doors and the rear ones do not open either from the inside or from the outside, what is the use of the child lock in the rear doors?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2022, 05:13:36 PM »
Child lock is to stop  children , or others who are not aware of traffic opening the door when it may be dangerous to themselves , other traffic or pedestrians.   ..  Once set  its always on. 

Central locking is mostly to stop unwanted people opening the door and getting in , maybe to grab a bag off the back seat.    But you have to set it every time. Even if you only get out to buy petrol. And you might forget.
And once you open the drivers door the rear passenger can also open their door.  They might open it too far and damage the car parked next to you.   With child locks you have to let them out and can make sure they dont cause damage or wander off into moving traffic.   
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 05:20:27 PM by Lord Voltermore »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2022, 07:16:11 PM »
I am perplexed by the fact that an adult sitting in the rear seats of the car for a reason X needs to get out quickly and is unable to open the door and is effectively stuck inside the car.

When there is a risk that an adult sitting in the rear seats of the car for a reason X needs to get out quickly I would go for a Crosstar with water-repellent fabric seats...;D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything