Author Topic: Manual control of car interior heating  (Read 5148 times)

guest9814

Re: Manual control of car interior heating
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2022, 04:00:27 PM »
One good thing is to hold the unlock button as you are walking up to the car - all four windows will lower and it lets some of the hot air come out before you get to the car.

But sadly that not working on lower trims of Jazz e:HEV
Only EX have this option installed.
I desided not to install it because realised that if i will have this option my side windows will be scratched soon.
I live in very dusty area and sometimes sand enters windows seal in doors, on my first car that i bought in Israel dealer installed windows auto clossing module, after 3-4 years of usage (and yes i washed my car regularly) all windows became scratched.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2022, 08:51:35 PM »
Didnt I hear somewhere that the MK4 CC allows some fresh air into the cabin when on recirc, so youre not going to get all drowsy from oxygen deprivation? :o

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2022, 09:53:45 PM »
Didnt I hear somewhere that the MK4 CC allows some fresh air into the cabin when on recirc, so youre not going to get all drowsy from oxygen deprivation? :o
I think so, it spends a lot of time in recirc mode but doesn’t get too stuffy.

guest9814

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2022, 04:36:19 AM »
Tried to cool cabin today and same time watched digital thermometer and sensors of car by using Car Scanner app, on hot day 33 degrees C outside, front seats remains 27 degrees C, A/C set to auto with temperature 25 degrees C, when fan speed reduced by climate control  I checked  temperature from car sensor - Air temperature in cabin - there car reads 25 degrees C when ECON enabled, and 24 if ECON disabled, then tried to lower temperature setting down to 15,5 degrees C but that not gives any temperature changes not in cabin on digital thermometer no on sensor of car,  also a/c compressor not turns on for longer time and constantly turning on and off and taking ~ 600w from HV battery , only fan speed changes to full when I set 15,5 degrees C.
Temperature in cabin starting to drop only after sunset.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2022, 06:33:11 AM »
I think if you can obtain a cool or cold airflow aimed suitably, the actual inside temp can be higher.

You need to be careful though. I remember pointing all face vents towards me in a Citroen Xantia and getting 'brain freeze' and having to pull over and re-aim the vents.
Let's be careful out there !

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2022, 10:47:34 AM »
So I've tried raising the thermostat from my normal 21 degrees to 26 degrees. What a difference! The fan reduces speed much more quickly as it hasn't got those extra 5 degrees to battle through. Given an outside temp of 33 degrees it's still pleasantly cool in the car and without the intrusive noise.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2022, 12:15:35 PM »
So I've tried raising the thermostat from my normal 21 degrees to 26 degrees. What a difference! The fan reduces speed much more quickly as it hasn't got those extra 5 degrees to battle through. Given an outside temp of 33 degrees it's still pleasantly cool in the car and without the intrusive noise.

It's not good for Honda though that they can't produce an air conditioner capable of reducing the temperature 12 degrees and keeping it there, when every other manufacturer can.

I've had an old Yaris hybrid hire car in Spain before - that had no trouble dropping the temperature down and not making a load of fan noise either.

I hear the a/c on the previous ordinary civic models is also not good, I wonder what the new civic hybrid will be like?

I haven't heard of issues with the HRV system, so that may be ok. I know it has some weird things like diffused airflow, so maybe a much more powerful system.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 12:18:39 PM by sportse »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2022, 12:47:24 PM »
I've been driving Hondas since 2011. I genuinely can't remember precisely what my Golf was like - it had something called "semi-automatic" air conditioning.

I just hate the noisy fan and the slightly unpleasant feeling of being hot and yet with cold spots at the same time. I don't think the system is that great to be honest.

That said, I was out again this morning. Thermostat at 26 and an altogether more pleasant experience.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2022, 01:04:49 PM »
All the cars I've driven in recent years have had climate control, so just set the temperature to maybe 20/21 all year round and the system does it for me. It wasn't something you had to think about.

They have all blown high to start with, then dropped the blower speed down more as the car reaches the set temperature. When the temperature has been reached, the fan is on a fairly low setting even in bright sunlight in the middle of the day.

Something must have happened with Honda in recent years, perhaps trying too hard to get better mpg/lower emissions and as a result making the a/c not powerful enough to drop the temperature and keep it there.

guest9814

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2022, 07:52:26 PM »
A/C In  MK4 good, but maybe wrong place  for temperature sensor in car because  it get cool air when cabin still not cooled down (it sitting under left hand of driver), but why compressor not run long enough when temperature set lower then 22-26….

guest9814

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2022, 07:58:28 PM »
Something that I think not happening with climate control is that like someone said when recirculation turned on and battery cooling fan work it should take air from outside, if that not happens in reality we have hot air from battery that going through parcel shelf up and entering cabin, does this help us to cool cabin and battery on long trips?

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2020 CRV e-HEV EX
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2022, 08:14:55 AM »
Just as an aside on this, during the recent hot weather I noticed how cold the upper glove box was, really well chilled and cold contents.

I don’t know if this is an intentional design feature but it’s a great place to keep a drink cool(er).
I’ll check with a thermocouple at some point!
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

PaulC

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2022, 09:12:57 PM »
One of the things I dislike about the Automatic climate control is the high speed of the fan.
If I reduce the fan speed by hand when the Automatic climate control is ON, then the Automatic climate control becomes inactive (i.e. the display of AUTO word disappears).
So I am returned back to manually controlling the interior temperature.

guest9814

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2022, 05:56:07 AM »
Just as an aside on this, during the recent hot weather I noticed how cold the upper glove box was, really well chilled and cold contents.

I don’t know if this is an intentional design feature but it’s a great place to keep a drink cool(er).
I’ll check with a thermocouple at some point!
When thermostat set to 25 C inside upper glove box 22 C, on some JDM cars ther also A/C tube that goes in that BOX :)

guest9814

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2022, 06:15:23 AM »
One of the things I dislike about the Automatic climate control is the high speed of the fan.
If I reduce the fan speed by hand when the Automatic climate control is ON, then the Automatic climate control becomes inactive (i.e. the display of AUTO word disappears).
So I am returned back to manually controlling the interior temperature.
On the right side of page from manual Honda describes how climate control work, changing air direction fresh air/recirculation or fan speed actualy not disabling automatic climate control but  affects only the setting that we changing after pressing auto button, there also recommendation how to cool down cabin rapidly if it get wery hot, switch climate control to auto and LO and crack open all windows (hot air going up and stuck there) but on this page in this recommendation is a tipo i think - they write to switch fresh air to recirculation but this should be wise versa - switch recirculation to fresh air as this helps to push hot air from cabin, in manual also recomendation to use fresh air almost in all situation.
Then if fan noise is a problem switch tepmerature to highger (i personaly switching to almost limit of climate control if outside temperature is 30 C or more, this giving me comfortable low humidity and not too loud fan of climate control.

Tags: