Author Topic: Honda+ app  (Read 4742 times)

Pogglefish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda HR-V Adv. Style in Sand Khaki
Re: Honda+ app
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2022, 09:18:31 PM »
Dear Mr. Mitchell,

Thank you for contacting Honda UK in regards to the My Honda Plus App, we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please be kindly informed that we have been advised by our colleagues from the Digital Service department that this issue should now be resolved. Please kindly close your application (not only minimize it), re-open it and click on your vehicle. Then in the top left corner there should be a circle and a text next to it saying “Updated (x amount of time) ago”. Please click on that circle and make sure that your car is outside and has good network connection. This will force the car to send the most up to date data to the app and update the information showed.

Furthermore, if the issue persists please do inform us so that we can raise this to the attention of our colleagues for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding and for contacting Honda UK. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

I received the exact same email today (apart from the fact that they didn’t call me Mr Mitchell, obviously) despite and after the earlier issues I have relayed in this forum. I have written back to them to explain it is not resolved and all that had occurred. We shall see what happens next.

- Pogglefish
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 09:50:09 PM by Pogglefish »

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2022, 11:09:56 PM »
I emailed Support from the app.
No reply yet but the app started working for me when I checked around noon today and journey this afternoon is showing in app.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2022, 08:22:12 AM »
Confirmed today - it’s wiped out my telematics activation :(

Just a grey icon for connected to TCU now on the car infotainment screen.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2022, 09:41:54 AM »
My experience with the Honda+ app appears to be somewhat different, from many of our members.
I installed the App to my Iphone shortly after purchasing the car and up to the time of writing (11months old) everything has worked as it it should.
Not quite sure what I will do, when the complementary period runs out, but if the Car Locator continues to work as a Tracking device, then I will probably go with the £29 subscription, as that feature alone is probably worth the money.
I also find the ability to refer back to previous journeys very useful.

For those that find the data shown to be incorrect, I would remind you, that its important to refresh the data, each time you access the App, otherwise you will see the data from the last time you accessed the App, which of course will be wrong!

corbett

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz hybrid
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2022, 10:27:19 AM »
Honda+ app appears to be fully working apart from all my journeys seem to have gone, I wonder if it's blanked them all.
Not done a journey since it's working this morning, maybe them will start again.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2022, 11:10:11 AM »
All my journeys disappeared but since updated last night they are all back.

The app is almost as bad as the British Gas app but don’t get me started on that  ;D ;D ;D

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »
The dealer had to reactivate the telematics on my car - it’s strange as they said the only way it could have been disabled was by plugging it in to a Honda computer!

However the subscription is showing as due - Honda want £68 a year now just for core connectivity and journeys.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2022, 02:10:39 PM »
...On mine it shows:

Safety & Journey - Active until 16/10/2022
Core Connectivity - Active until 16/01/2030
Honda Personal Assistant service - Active until 23/10/2023

From their website...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 02:13:13 PM by shufty »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »
Many thanks for this - I’ve emailed the dealer to see what’s happened.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2022, 03:04:33 PM »
Our Jazz does just fine without any app at all. I was tired long ago of the hassle with what I now (still) have for free. I don't even try anymore. Down to the garage to see that the car is really locked despite the app claiming the opposite, I did it twice. From then on I ignore that cr@p app (that rhymes!).  :D

When Honda wants money for this "wonder of the world" app it immediately stops for me. In fact it already did.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 03:24:29 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2022, 04:39:21 PM »
Ive not bothered to register or  activate the app  (if thats what you have to do) and certainly wont if, and when I have to pay a subscription.   I dont feel I am missing out on much. If I want to check  the car is locked I look out of the window to see if the mirrors are folded in.  :P   

Neither do I control things in the house by app and become an even bigger coach potato.  OK I use ,the tv remote  :-[ . Thats civilised.   And not having to fiddle about sticking a car key in a  lock  is quite nice  , and.... 
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2022, 04:56:04 PM »
I have an extensive array of Kasa smart plugs and they are superb.

I have most of them on timed to do things like auto charge my phone and tablet overnight.

My most useful one is on the circuit that controls the garage power. I've linked it to a Google Home 'routine' and has allowed me to auto power the garage door circuit when I'm about 100 yards away. With the garage door power cut it's securely locked shut so can't be relay hacked open.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2022, 05:31:27 PM »
I have quite a few Kasa lights - they were on offer and cost about the same as a plain LED bulb.

Being able to have lights go on/off in relation to sunrise/etc is a great benefit, as well as having a bedroom light sunrise effect for £7 instead of £80+ they usually charge for dedicated sunrise lamps.

For the Jazz, being able to see the fuel gauge, range and mileage is the most benefit for me. The journey subscription is worth it as I can check back on previous trip mpg and stats without having to remember to look them up before I switch off the car.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2022, 10:26:48 AM »
I am behind the times in some things.   :-[      .I can see the benefits of something that controls  lights based on sunrise and sunset, . Especially for those who may not have  habitually been careful about such things.   
I dont see how it is more energy efficient than fitting low energy  bulbs  , but   only switch them  on when you actually need them to see  in that room , and off again as  you leave that room or no longer need it.   Which we both do as a life long habit.
 I have an old technology plug isolator   with infrared remote to switch off  TV related stuff off so they are not left on standby  .
I  make full use of central heating timers ,thermostat and room thermostats and will also  switch it off or adjust it   manually by actual need. Unlike some we do not heat the whole house  constantly  at tee shirt wearing temperature. 

We have smart meters  for gas and electricity which graphically display energy use.  Interesting at first to see what some appliances gobbled.   But we were habitually energy frugal anyway and seldom look at them  now. Maybe overall they help reduce national consumption  , but the cost was wasted in our case (apart from the remote meter reading function)

I accept you dont realise the benefits of some things until you try them.   
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2022, 11:21:06 AM »
Sort of related but I have a couple of ArloQ cameras with geofencing and motion detection so I can see the house from anywhere.

Both downstairs entrance door s covered.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: