EX
15 (45.5%)
SR
3 (9.1%)
SE
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: March 19, 2022, 08:22:51 PM

Author Topic: Would you buy a Jazz Crosstar or another grade?  (Read 2473 times)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Would you buy a Jazz Crosstar or another grade?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 02:59:43 PM »

Toyota went the same way with their Auris/Corolla - making the newer models lower than the older ones to attract the yoof, but alienating their existing customer base. A major comment from people driving a Corolla hybrid for the first time is how low the drivers seat is.
Which is why, I suspect, Toyota are launching a Corolla Crossover later this year with higher driving position and the attributes drivers now demand including easy access for all - mothers with child seats as well as us old f***s -  and interior space.
It was quite funny when the Corolla first came out - it was lower than the previous car.

They then launched a special edition trek model for outdoors people… that just had the same height that the old model Auris used to have!

With all 3 hybrid editions of Auris/Corolla each new one has had less interior space and has been lower than the one before. And also slower too. Honest John used to go on about how you you could wear a hat in a mark 1 Auris hybrid easily.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 04:17:10 PM »
I bought a Crosstar and would do the same if buying new today. In terms of “must haves” adaptive cruise control was important, front/rear parking sensors, buttons for heat/vent (not touch screen).Admittedly all of these are on Crosstar and EX. I had heated seats on my previous two cars and never used them so a heated steering wheel would be wasted on me.

What really influenced me was (in my opinion) the naff plastic wheel trims on the EX put me off that model whereas the slightly higher ride height appealed to me on the Crosstar. The new EX Style has decent wheels but that is seriously expensive and as others have written, the HR-V, not available when I purchased last June, would make more sense now.

Finally, some praise for the sound system on the Crosstar. It wasn’t an influencing factor when buying, couldn’t care less! But compared to the audio in my two previous cars (Golf and Land Rover) which was so dire I rarely used it, the sound quality in the Crosstar is excellent and it is a pleasure to listen to the radio.

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 04:50:57 PM »
I didn’t care for the wheels on the EX but it wasn’t a deciding factor. However, my wife loved the Crosstar wheels as they looked like flowers… and that did swing it!

Regarding the sound system, it would never occur to me to be bothered about this in a car but wowzer! listening to Verdi’s Anvil Chorus is just mind blowing. Even better than my Denon Stereo at home and I thought that was amazing!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 06:18:40 PM »
I wonder which Denon stereo that could be...
Anyway, as for acoustic space to listen to music, a car is just about the worst thing you can find. That's why I don't give a f#.. ehhh...sorry... I meant to say I hardly care what they install as for "hi-fi"(?) stuff.
I listen to Vivaldi at home (Origin Live - Sonneteer).
In the car, music is for me “background wallpaper”, disturbed by noise of surrounding traffic, tire and wind noise, engine "music" and my wife chatting on the phone.  :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:25:15 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 06:47:30 PM »
"In the car, music is for me “background wallpaper”, disturbed by noise of surrounding traffic, tire and wind noise, engine "music" and my wife chatting on the phone."

This was true for me too until I got the Crosstar.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 07:24:41 PM »
My brother drives a Lexus with Mark Levinson audio... and when I'm with him in the car I still prefer to go home to listen Verdi...  ;D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags: