Author Topic: New jazz ex style model  (Read 1466 times)

Musetheruse

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda hr v 1.5 ex manual, Honda jazz 1.4 ex
New jazz ex style model
« on: October 09, 2021, 09:57:55 PM »
Just noticed on website (look at view offers) Honda are introducing an extra variant of Jazz called Jazz EX Style. Includes Two tone roof, alloy wheels (similar to crosstar), black door protection, roof spoiler and wing mirror caps but will cost extra £1795. Would like to hear views from members.

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
Re: New jazz ex style model
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 11:12:28 PM »
I saw something about the EX Style just after I put down my deposit on the EX, but then it seemed to vanish. Indeed on the Honda site it’s referenced but missing on the configurator.

But found this link https://www.nortonway.com/honda/news/new-jazz-ex-style-grade/

Seems to be, only, ‘style’ and no real upgrade. For my money I’d want more upgrades than that, not least the upgraded speakers that come in the crosstar. Perhaps a panoramic sunroof also rather than a paint job.

I think in fairness, the Style as presented should perhaps be given to EX as standard.

PS for extra style fun (not the EX Style) see:
https://images.app.goo.gl/TmJg2zDVJU6ZcCB59

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 11:20:13 PM by DWJazz2021 »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 07:03:58 AM »
Seems a lot for some stick on extras.

The roof spoiler may reduce mpg a small amount? I doubt the jazz needs extra downforce. I do a lot of motorway driving and it’s fine even in gusty winds.

I’d looked at the Orange stick on pack when I ordered mine, but decided the standard look was fine.

Honda prices are creeping up out of their segment - £25k for a standard jazz with stick on extras… the same price as a polo GTI!

Wivenhoe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 07:16:06 AM »
This is what manufacturers do when models are coming towards the end of their run. I read that the Jazz is no longer sold in Asia and the ME as it has been replaced by the City - perhaps they will discontinue it here as well.

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 08:44:25 AM »
I’m not sure what you’ve read, but both mark 3 and mark 4 Jazz/Fit are still being sold in Asia. I don’t think there’s anything to suggest that the Jazz/Fit is being discontinued.

What you do get on a national basis is a different mix of Honda models to suit the local market.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 11:41:13 AM »
This is what manufacturers do when models are coming towards the end of their run. I read that the Jazz is no longer sold in Asia and the ME as it has been replaced by the City - perhaps they will discontinue it here as well.

Almost 100,000 Honda fit sold in Japan in 2020...

https://carspiritpk.com/bestselling-cars-japan-2020/

"The new generation Honda Fit was also well received and re-entered the top-10 list after a span of 12 years."

Car models generally have maybe a 6/7 year sales life, with a mid life refresh coming about half way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 11:48:22 AM by sportse »

Foksadure

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2020
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 01:31:52 PM »
I saw something about the EX Style just after I put down my deposit on the EX, but then it seemed to vanish. Indeed on the Honda site it’s referenced but missing on the configurator.

Seems it is an UK specific submodel, bundling a few optional cosmetical accessories usually sold in packs.
Add a covering to get the dual-tone roof without an expensive paint job, and you're done.

Nothing a local dealership couldn't install on a regular EX.

Someone wants to clear his inventory.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 01:34:08 PM by Foksadure »

Wivenhoe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »
I’m not sure what you’ve read, but both mark 3 and mark 4 Jazz/Fit are still being sold in Asia. I don’t think there’s anything to suggest that the Jazz/Fit is being discontinued.

What you do get on a national basis is a different mix of Honda models to suit the local market.

I got the info from the web - Australia, Malaysia, India etc. have had or will have the Jazz discontinued.

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 09:14:37 PM »

I got the info from the web - Australia, Malaysia, India etc. have had or will have the Jazz discontinued.

But China, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore etc, will continue with the Fit/Jazz. The Honda City is intended for emerging markets due to the Fit/Jazz’s price.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 06:36:54 AM »
In many of the emerging market countries, saloons are preferred over hatchbacks, so cars such as the Honda City will compete against saloon versions of the Nissan Sunny, Kia Rio, Korean made small Chevrolets and Toyota Yaris (based on different version to the European Yaris). A Honda City would likely better compete with the none hybrid version of the mk4 Jazz. In some markets, Dacia is marketed as a Renault.
The established manufacturers are now being challenged by a proliferation of Chinese brands, many with dubious crash test performance but not hindered by Euro NCAP and emissions requirements. Unless these regions introduce electric vehicle only legislation, there’ll continue to be a market for ICE powered vehicles and demand will still exist for vehicles within this category, catering for an expanding class of consumer, seeking a relatively inexpensive means of family transportation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 06:45:06 AM by IanG »

Tags:

anything