Author Topic: Speed limit  (Read 1173 times)

Worthingmike

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark 4 Jazz EX
Speed limit
« on: July 04, 2021, 11:04:07 AM »
Hi I am new to Honda. I have very recently bought a new Jazz EX. However I am still trying to work out all the controls. I have been trying to use the intelligent speed limiter. However the speed limit sign which appears on the dash only stays for a few hundred yards then it goes blank. The dealer say all the setting are right and he is going to contact Honda technical on Monday. Does anyone have any problem with displaying the speed limit. Without the speed limit the intelligent speed limit wont work.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Speed limit
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 11:40:23 AM »
It will work. The limiter will retain the speed of the last sign it "saw" even if the sign icon disappears from the display.

What is more concerning is that it will often pick up the speed limit signs of side roads or frontage roads, especially where they're 20mph zones and the signs have been skewed for better visibility from the road you're on, and suddenly it brakes from 30 or 40 to keep you under the limit. This is not safe!

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 07:59:28 AM »
Hi I am new to Honda. I have very recently bought a new Jazz EX. However I am still trying to work out all the controls. I have been trying to use the intelligent speed limiter. However the speed limit sign which appears on the dash only stays for a few hundred yards then it goes blank. The dealer say all the setting are right and he is going to contact Honda technical on Monday. Does anyone have any problem with displaying the speed limit. Without the speed limit the intelligent speed limit wont work.

This sounds like you’re not actually activating the “intelligent” speed limiter (ISL). NB following comments are for Mk3, but I think it’s similar for the Mk4.

When driving normally, the sign recognition will display the speed limit when you pass a sign and it will disappear if you don’t pass another one, that’s normal. If you want to use the ISL, you have to turn the system on using the Main button, then use the Lim button to cycle through the various cruise and limiter options, then finally activate it by pressing either the Set or Res button. The limit the car’s using will then show at the top of the display, above the sign recognition display, and it will change when you pass further signs. It may not work until you actually pass a speed limit sign.

Use it with care. The sign recognition simply isn’t reliable enough to use in this way, it can result in the car behaving in a way you - and other drivers - don’t expect if it misreads a sign.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 08:48:11 AM »
I tried using it when I first got the car but it "forgets" the speed limit whenever turning via a junction until it sees another sign so I didn't think it was reliable enough. It's still useful to check the dash in an area where the limit changes regularly and I notice it flashing when I'm exceeding the limit so don't really need the limiter switched on

Worthingmike

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark 4 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 03:25:55 PM »
Many thanks for you replies. I have used it quite a bit in the last few days and have also concluded it is not very reliable. It does work well through the roadworks on the motorway as the speed limit signs.

Tags:

anything