Author Topic: Wing Mirror models  (Read 1911 times)

JLC

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4se 2006
Wing Mirror models
« on: January 10, 2021, 04:51:57 PM »
Hi All
I am new to forum but have had three honda Jazz's. I currently have a 2006 1.4 se and need wing mirrors. They are electric with indicators, retractable and heated. HOwever I read somewhere that there is a V model and a CM. the one under mine says CM. Is this to do with the electrics? ie the plug they connect to in the door panel. I think one is grey one is white....does this mean they are not compatible.

Thanks in advance.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue, previously GD x 3
Re: Wing Mirror models
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 05:21:15 PM »
Hi All
I am new to forum but have had three honda Jazz's. I currently have a 2006 1.4 se and need wing mirrors. They are electric with indicators, retractable and heated. HOwever I read somewhere that there is a V model and a CM. the one under mine says CM. Is this to do with the electrics? ie the plug they connect to in the door panel. I think one is grey one is white....does this mean they are not compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum

You are correct there are 2 types of plug, Grey which has a V sticker on the mirror underside and White which has CM on the underside. The wiring to the plugs is configured differently and they are incompatible. If you need to you would have to chop the wiring and reconfigure and solder the wires together.
There seems an ample supply of both types on eBay, so the easiest thing is to message the seller before bidding or purchasing and ask him which colour of plug is on the mirror.

JLC

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4se 2006
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 05:32:28 PM »
Thank you so much for getting back so quickly. I am on ebay at the moment. I thought that was the case, but wanted to be 100%. 

RayS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 06:45:09 PM »
As UKJim correctly states the plugs are wired diffently, but the conductor colours are the same.
When I changed the wing mirror on my old GD, I cut the connector off the replacement & on the original cut the connector cable but allow enough cable to be able to solder & heatshrink the original connector onto the replacement mirror. Be carefull when re assembling, to correctly secure the wiring or it will jam the window lift mechanism.

ascott1

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: None but tend a Jazz 2006
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 09:24:39 PM »
Plus one on the different connectors.

I don't have a Jazz but do look after one sometimes, a 2006 model, for a neighbour.  I got her a replacement door mirror from eBay, with powershift, but it has the grey connector and hers is white.  Only found this after stripping the door down and removing the old mirror.  Sigh.  I'm not up to effective soldering and am hunting for an auto electrician or similar to do this for me so I can get the car back to her.  We're in a small town and getting round people is still difficult with COVID-19 lockdown.

One source (too busy to do it for several days) points out there are two grey wires in the set of 9 and that might be a problem though he can work round it.  Has anyone else seen this, any difference between these two wires?  I assume wiring diagrams aren't readily available online, though would like to be surprised.

Thanks for any pointers!

billyausten

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE3 Jazz Sport
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 10:25:20 PM »
Every day is an education when you get w new car and join a new forum! So much great knowledge being shared. Is there anyway to tell mirror plug type with the mirror fitted?
Current: '08 GE3 Sport, '97 CE1 Aerodeck 2.2iES
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

ascott1

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: None but tend a Jazz 2006
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 04:15:56 PM »
Every day is an education when you get w new car and join a new forum! So much great knowledge being shared. Is there anyway to tell mirror plug type with the mirror fitted?

From above, there seem to be stickers "V" or "CM" on some cars.  (See JLC's note above).  The problem "new" one I've got has a small "V" sticker which looks as though it's been there a while.  The old one doesn't have a "CM" sticker underneath it.  The supplier didn't identify this problem in his ad, and I didn't know to ask him the connector colour or to check the one on the car under the door card.   Since the new one seems in good condition, and with good colour match (even down to the sun-faded paint) I've arranged with a local auto-electrician to swap the connectors next week.

He's offering to test the new one on the car, though I'm wary about the cable routing issues around the window winder mechanism - at least I saw how it came out.  If necessary, I'll have to try to check the installation after fitting, and hope the splicing won't be too bulky.

Tags:

anything