Author Topic: Daytime running lightsI've had my 2012  (Read 2634 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Daytime running lightsI've had my 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 12:40:37 PM »
DRLs were available as a dealer accessory for the facelift Mk2.

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 08:36:08 AM »
My Jazz was a 62 reg. also without DRL's.
My solution was to replace sidelight bulbs with brighter LED's, and drive with sidelights on in daytime. This also has the advantage that rear lights would be on as well , making you visible from the rear.
The disadvantage with retro - fitting DRL's is that legally they have to be in certain positions on the front of the car , and have to dim when main lights come on, so it can be tricky to find a place to fit them that looks OK and is legal.

Hi,
Can you tell me which LED bulb's you used to replace the existing sidelight ones?

Thanks.

jazzister

• Registered Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 12:22:14 PM »
To the people that own a Jazz mk2 with factory DRLs, not with aftermarket added LEDs, may I ask a question?

Which kind of headlight do the DRLs turn on?

The "dipped headlights" or  the "sidelights", as in this sentence: "Dipped headlights are the most commonly used headlights; brighter than sidelights, but not as bright as full beam headlights." I'm not english speaking, that's why I added this.

Do the red lights in the back of the car turn on as well?

Thanks

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 03:33:45 PM »
If the DRL's are factory fitted the DRL's go out if the headlights are on. With the DRL's on there are no rear lights but the brake lights and indicators still work of course.
I didn't think that the Mk2 Jazz had DRL's, I thought they were not required to be fitted until the next model change after January 2012 which would be about September 2015.

Vic.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 04:18:19 PM »

Hi,
Can you tell me which LED bulb's you used to replace the existing sidelight ones?

Thanks.
Sorry I've just seen this.
I'm afraid I haven't got the information anymore-- it was about 8 years ago, and records I kept at that time were lost when Microsoft killed my e-mail client with a Windows upgrade??? at the end of last year. I'll try and find it on my old computer. and post here if I do.

jazzister

• Registered Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 04:19:16 PM »
Vic, in most older cars, before the LEDs galore, DRLs meant simply always on "dipped headlights".
Living in a country with mandatory "dipped headlights" use on the road, in the last 25 years most of the cars I've driven had them like this, and only in the last decade the newer models started to have the "leds in the front, nothing on the back" DRLs.
Since the mk2 Jazz has 2 fuses for DRLs (15 and 41) and in the handbook it's written about them, I'd like to know, from those who have them, how do they work. Or should I just jump the empty fuse spots when I'll get mine?

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
 See this thread https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8554.msg43717#msg43717 for information.
Hope this helps.

Tags:

anything