Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 4654 times)

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2021, 07:15:23 PM »
I agree with John A.  Apart from anything else, we would lose the benefit of the £30 road tax on our Mk 3ís.  The fuel saving argument depends on mileage covered, which at the moment is negligible!  I shall keep my Mk 3 for another couple of years - I like to get to around 70,000 before changing.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2021, 07:20:23 PM »
Now, I won't buy a new guitar, a TV, or phone, without a half hour or so searching Google for info. I would certainly spend a day or two before spending £20K+ on a car.
The Jazz brochure has two pages with all the specs of what you get and what model you get it on.

I have also downloaded the manual for the Jazz/Crosstar as well as the Honda e and MG5, all of which are on my radar.
It is hardly an onerous task.

I was fully aware of all the detail in the brochure and the online manual and I spent hours and hours trying to decide which make and model of which car to buy but I still missed the fact that the passenger seat is not height adjustable and is set  very low.
So I made a mistake and I have to live with it but the answer to the original question is NO, I would not buy another. End of.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2021, 02:43:07 PM »
Just before lockdown I called into my local showroom to look at a Mk4 Jazz.  As soon as my wife sat in it she said it feels as if I am sat on the floor.  So I got in the passenger seat and it does feel excessively low.  Perhaps we have just got used to jacked up seats in a small SUV.  Unfortunately they didn't have a Crosstar in the showroom for comparison.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:38:35 PM by Pine »

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2021, 03:56:02 PM »
Yeah, even the Crosstar feels very low as a passenger compared to my old eZS SUV.

It feels right as a driver though, so I think it is just the seat height adjust that makes a difference.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • My Honda: 2013 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2021, 04:10:29 PM »
I wonder if a LHD seat could be ordered and fitted as that would be adjustable.
Let's be careful out there!

Tags:

anything