Author Topic: Tier 3 and above.  (Read 21313 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
Re: Tier 3 and above.
« Reply #705 on: January 12, 2021, 06:04:32 PM »
Watched Pritti Patel and I have never heard anyone, even a politician, prevaricate as much as she did. She never answered a question. Regards the rules not being strict enough she deaf eared three journalists and a member of the public who all asked the same question. I take it Downing Street is waiting to see what Nicola introduces tomorrow, before following suit.

Earlier I quoted a number for Police in England issuing fixed penalty notices. The number I quoted referred to the Met. I'll change the original post.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #706 on: January 12, 2021, 06:45:40 PM »
Learned today that my niece has got it.

She's a ward sister at a hospital dealing with significant numbers of covid patients.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she makes a full recovery.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #707 on: January 12, 2021, 06:48:00 PM »
My sentiments, as well.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #708 on: January 12, 2021, 07:01:26 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes folks. She's feeling rough, but at home.

I was reading about supermarket employees. I worked part time in a supermarket as a teenager in the 80's, and some customers were rude bast***s then, I can only imagine what it would be like now.

It doesn't help when the Police make statements saying that they will not intervene in policing masks in shops. Whilst it's strictly speaking a civil matter until there is a disturbance or assault, it sends the wrong signal.

Some people are truly horrible. A couple of years ago, I had a right go at somebody in a supermarket who was shouting aggressively at one of the female assistants, they're not so keen at facing up a big hairy bloke. He just pushed all my buttons, I just thought I wouldn't want one of my family treated like that. There were only a few people in the shop, but nobody else intervened.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #709 on: January 12, 2021, 07:59:05 PM »
Watched Pritti Patel and I have never heard anyone, even a politician, prevaricate as much as she did. She never answered a question. Regards the rules not being strict enough she deaf eared three journalists and a member of the public who all asked the same question. I take it Downing Street is waiting to see what Nicola introduces tomorrow, before following suit.
"Ms Patel was asked the same question three times. If the new variant is more contagious, why are the rules of this lockdown less strict than the last one. She was asked it first by a member of the public, then asked it again by Mark Easton, one of the BBC’s most senior journalists, and a third time by ITV News. She was asked it three times, partly because it is such a blindingly obvious question, and partly because at no point did she make any attempt to answer it."

[link removed by Admin]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:09:37 AM by RichardA »

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 ES 2013 Silver
« Reply #710 on: January 13, 2021, 09:57:30 AM »
It doesn't help when the Police make statements saying that they will not intervene in policing masks in shops. Whilst it's strictly speaking a civil matter until there is a disturbance or assault, it sends the wrong signal.

Some people are truly horrible. A couple of years ago, I had a right go at somebody in a supermarket who was shouting aggressively at one of the female assistants, they're not so keen at facing up a big hairy bloke. He just pushed all my buttons, I just thought I wouldn't want one of my family treated like that. There were only a few people in the shop, but nobody else intervened.

I understand that some out of work SIA proper bouncers are now being employed to enforce compliance at supermarkets. Shouldn't have to, but there we are. I always say "hi" and "how you doing?" to the staff on the way in. Mostly I am met with genuine shock that a member of the public has behaved normally!  :D

Well done for confronting someone. Sometimes these things have to be done. I know that some people are having a real hard time at the moment, but, the staff member stacking the shelf or putting your stuff through the till deserves to be treated with utmost respect. Even more so given they are putting their own health on the line due to covid.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #711 on: January 13, 2021, 10:14:13 AM »
I always say "hi" and "how you doing?" to the staff on the way in. Mostly I am met with genuine shock that a member of the public has behaved normally!  :D

As the saying goes, "Civility costs nothing, and buys everything." There's no better reward than a smile in return, or in these troubled times, a pair of smiling eyes  ;)

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #712 on: January 13, 2021, 10:31:27 AM »
I always speak to shop assistants, people I pass in the street, posties, traffic wardens, you name it. My wife says I will talk to anyone, particularly the ladies, but it is just my nature. Probably the reason I post so much on here.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #713 on: January 13, 2021, 11:36:07 AM »
I like Van Tam's new analogy on not relaxing and relying on the vaccination programme.
Jonathan Van-Tam told LBC: “We are in a very dangerous place now. We talked a lot about vaccines — in the end they are a good news story.

“But this is like saying I’m building a big perimeter fence around my property so that the baddies can’t get in. But you can’t celebrate that when you’ve put three posts in and two sections of fencing — or maybe a bit more in the case of the NHS so far. "

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #714 on: January 13, 2021, 01:00:40 PM »
Latest click and collect rules for Scotland only allow shops selling clothes, shoes, baby wear, household items and books to open. Not much else that you buy on click and collect.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE
« Reply #715 on: January 13, 2021, 01:05:56 PM »
Latest click and collect rules for Scotland only allow shops selling clothes, shoes, baby wear, household items and books to open. Not much else that you buy on click and collect.

Well my son has been furloughed from Topps Tiles but they remain open with a skeleton staff so people can click and collect tiles and grout. How these are essential items for regular consumers I have no idea. I can understand for tradespeople but not the general public. He is happy to be furloughed and away from the ignorant non mask wearing customers who still want to browse and buy on impulse!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #716 on: January 13, 2021, 01:06:35 PM »

It'll slow Argos down a bit.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #717 on: January 13, 2021, 01:20:44 PM »
The rule says "shops selling", not that they are only allowed to sell them. So more loopholes for business to do what they want.

culzean

• Approved Member
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #719 on: January 13, 2021, 03:16:08 PM »
The rule says "shops selling", not that they are only allowed to sell them. So more loopholes for business to do what they want.

Not much point to that then  ???

Watched Pritti Patel and I have never heard anyone, even a politician, prevaricate as much as she did. She never answered a question. Regards the rules not being strict enough she deaf eared three journalists and a member of the public who all asked the same question.

...and word of the day today, from Susie Dent on twitter...

Word of the day is ‘circumlocutionist’: one who consistently speaks in a roundabout way in order to avoid addressing a question directly.

Tags:

anything