Author Topic: Touch screen?  (Read 794 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Touch screen?
« on: September 06, 2020, 08:58:24 PM »
hi,
Had to hire a car while mine is repaired and it had a touch screen. Is it me? To adjust the temperature you have to scroll through the screens then select what  you want to adjust, not good to keep looking at the screen, not intuitive at all, whoever thought it was a good idea, never did find out how to switch off the radio. I thought the daft little window on my jazz was bad enough. Later jazz's  have a knob to adjust the temperature, a knob to select which way the wind blows and a button for the air con......much better, or perhaps I'm  a laddie,
Chris

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Touch screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 09:25:50 PM »
hi,
Had to hire a car while mine is repaired and it had a touch screen. Is it me? To adjust the temperature you have to scroll through the screens then select what  you want to adjust, not good to keep looking at the screen, not intuitive at all, whoever thought it was a good idea, never did find out how to switch off the radio. I thought the daft little window on my jazz was bad enough. Later jazz's  have a knob to adjust the temperature, a knob to select which way the wind blows and a button for the air con......much better, or perhaps I'm  a laddie,
Chris

Fitting multi function screens is a cost saving, they don't seem to think how dangerous they are by taking too much attention from the road. I find the manual buttons and controls in wife's mk2 Jazz too fiddly and not well placed, on the other hand my Civic is a masterclass in ergonomics and the high level digital speedometer is the icing on the cake..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: