Author Topic: Collected my Honda Jazz Crosstar EX Today  (Read 5499 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Collected my Honda Jazz Crosstar EX Today
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 01:25:45 PM »
I always reverse using the door mirrors. I can reverse park in my garage with my rear nearside arch and door mirror about 2" from the wall, every time without issue.
Let's be careful out there !

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 02:27:02 PM »
OK - just been and put everything back in - dash can etc. Started to get my head around controls, display - bit at a time. Just finding it a bit awkward reversing - getting used to the way the throttle works etc - but that will come in tome. Do miss the CD player - but hey - we move more into the modern world!!. More after first full drive. So far so good. Did think the ride on the 3 miles yesterday in town was better that the HRV.

Sign-up for YouTube Music. They have the best algorithm for finding new music for you. Plus you get YouTube with no commercials.

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 03:23:07 PM »
HI - I meant the actual act of reversing - the car drives a bit different to the HRV

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 04:45:31 PM »
I always reverse using the door mirrors. I can reverse park in my garage with my rear nearside arch and door mirror about 2" from the wall, every time without issue.
Me too. I used to deliver to car dealerships which ofter necessitated reversing a huge FIAT Dublo van, 100 yards through pre-reg cars waiting for delivery. That focusses the mind and sharpens the senses.
Only aid in my garage is I painted a white stripe down the brickwork in the corner of the garage so I can see it on a sunny day. And I lower the passenger window as the air vents reflect off the glass and obscures the mirror.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 06:19:05 PM »
HI - I meant the actual act of reversing - the car drives a bit different to the HRV
The Crosstar feels more manoeuverable with the over-body turning circle of 10.1m vs the HR-V's 11.4m. I expected that I would miss the HR-V's dipping nearside mirror but the reversing camera makes it easier to reverse into a parking space. I think the Crosstar's parking sensors are slightly better but I need to check how much clearance there is on a front corner when the sensors say I'm about to hit something.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2020, 04:45:40 AM »
I wonder why Honda didn't continue the nearside dipping mirror ?

Citroen Xantias had that feature and made parallel parking a breeze as you could see the rear wheel and kerb.

I have my nearside mirror as low as possible so I can see the rear arch and enough of the road but it's a compromise.

This is what I can achieve, every time, using the mirrors:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:22:32 AM by Kremmen »

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2020, 08:35:25 AM »
I wonder why Honda didn't continue the nearside dipping mirror ?

Citroen Xantias had that feature and made parallel parking a breeze as you could see the rear wheel and kerb.

I have my nearside mirror as low as possible so I can see the rear arch and enough of the road but it's a compromise.

This is what I can achieve, every time, using the mirrors:

Bravo! That is expert level, can't be more than an inch or so clearance on that rear wheel arch!
A good idea though re the dipping door mirror, can only cost a few pence to configure some software it's fitted to many higher end cars. It's the small things that make a difference, storage compartments, a space saver spare wheel, convenience features that make long term ownership enjoyable.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »
Found these in my collection.

It's amazing how garages collect clutter over the passage of time.

Parking always done with the mirrors. My Jazz mirror must have a larger field if view than the newer ones as I do not have to compromise with view to see the side of the car. All I have to do is move my head slightly off centre.

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
OK first longish drive today - about 40 miles up and down Dual carriage way, mains roads town etc. Very good - goes like a bat out of hell from a standing start onto the dual carriageway - no hesitation - and faster than the HRV - no gear change delay. Ride - vey good - probably better that titre HRV. Visibility - excellent. Still a bit tentative re reversing - just the different fell to the pedals etc. So - so far - all on the up and up - very satisfied. Long trip next week - so very comfortable with the new beast. Got most of the display and phone setup done - so should be OK.

Suzzanne

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »
I collected my new Crosstar 2 weeks ago. 3 days  later drove 300 miles to Cornwall. A dream to drive after my underpowered 1300SE Jazz. Only had to put fuel in to come home. What a difference negotiating the steep hills, so much more power!
One little niggle, my phone kept losing connectivity (Galaxy S8). Any advice.?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 09:06:52 PM »
A dream to drive after my underpowered 1300SE Jazz. Only had to put fuel in to come home. What a difference negotiating the steep hills, so much more power!
Welcome.  :)

The headline horsepower isn't much different but the battery + motor vastly improves responses and the power available without having to rev the engine which effectively puts the vehicle into a different performance league.

I would suggest that you start a new thread regarding the phone connectivity as it's likely to get lost in this general discussion about user experiences. Also explain what you are using the phone for when it's connected to the car.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 09:23:44 PM »
I collected my new Crosstar 2 weeks ago. 3 days  later drove 300 miles to Cornwall. A dream to drive after my underpowered 1300SE Jazz. Only had to put fuel in to come home. What a difference negotiating the steep hills, so much more power!
One little niggle, my phone kept losing connectivity (Galaxy S8). Any advice.?

If you have a Jazz Crosstar you have to get an iPhone. Then you get wireless Apple CarPlay. Worked flawlessly when I tried it.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2020, 03:55:57 AM »
As and when I get a CrossStar next year the one thing I will not be doing is switching from Android to Apple. Apple is too locked down for me and more expensive.

There has to be a solution and Android Auto is very similar to CarPlay.

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2020, 10:29:28 AM »
As and when I get a CrossStar next year the one thing I will not be doing is switching from Android to Apple. Apple is too locked down for me and more expensive.

There has to be a solution and Android Auto is very similar to CarPlay.

Android Auto might be even better, but I don't think the Crosstar has wireless Android Auto.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2020, 12:26:03 PM »
I doubt I would use it anyway.

As long as I can pair the phone that'll do me. No doubt if there is an Android issue for everyone we'll hear about it.

Tags: