Author Topic: Collected my Honda Jazz Crosstar EX Today  (Read 5500 times)

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
Collected my Honda Jazz Crosstar EX Today
« on: August 18, 2020, 09:10:39 PM »
Just collected my new Honda Crosstar this afternoon arrived yesterday around 11.00.

Ordered a two tone in Red/Black on the 8th July 2020, original delivery date to dealer was 16th August but dropped to 12th August immediately. Few days later went back to dealer and change it to Crystal Black Pearl which also showed as 12th August. Couple of weeks ago delivery was pushed back to 19th August.

Only driven it back from the dealers (12 mile) as the cats and dogs were have a great time. Had one modification carried out, not fond of the piano white trim had the trim changed to piano black much better.

Fitted a OBDII bluetooth (which came from my previous car) to run Torque Lite on a 7" tablet to show revs, coolant temp etc, planing to update to Torque Pro (£2.95) as it will show percentage hybrid battery and a few other parameters.

Next item is front and rear dash cams weather permitting.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 09:13:53 PM by BigRon »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Collected my Honda Jazz Crosstar EX Today
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 10:54:45 AM »
Congrats on the new car. Keep us informed as you get used to it.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 02:42:22 PM »
Welcome to the Crosstar club.  :)

I couldn't get Torque Lite to show the coolant temperature so I'll be interested to know if you succeed in getting this info. I've stopped setting up an improvised tachometer after figuring out how the revs behave (reported in another thread) while the vehicle's own battery gauge gives adequate info (but 10% bars are a bit coarse - 5% would give more detail (ditto for the fuel gauge)).

Reminder: To disable the keyless key hold down both buttons for a few seconds until a little green light flashes (don't forget to do this to the spare key as well). Pushing either button wakes the key up.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest4871

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »
"keyless key"?  Wish I had one of those.   8)

BigRon

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 06:07:38 PM »
Yes noticed Torque Lite doesn't show coolant temp, did in my last car, at £2.95 for Torque Pro might give it a try which also possibly shows oil temp and transmission temp?? according to the list given for the Pro version.

Car Scanner does show coolant temp but only last for 1 month then costs of around £3.95 for the full app.

Going to give both a good workout and for what it costs may buy both and finally settle on one.

Been trying to setup MyHonda+ but after entering the vin nothing happens, dealer's Sales Manager has used the iPhone supplied from Honda which worked then tried his own which didn't work. Waiting to hear from my dealer.

Popdufc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 jazz ex
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 12:26:25 PM »
Does it come with 2 keys?

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 12:45:36 PM »
3 or 4 if you count mobile phones with the app.

Popdufc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 jazz ex
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 10:32:55 AM »
Thanks. It will be our main car and I'm afraid of asking my wife for The Key!!! Past few years we have had a couple of cars with only one remote key. I managed to persuade the dealers to give me a second. Mazda and Citroen

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »
Review of Crosstar in our local paper, the tester said the extra £1,200 for Crosstar body kit not worth it,  otherwise liked the 2020 Jazz ... also said he like the styling of earlier Jazzes better..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 05:41:29 PM »
Review of Crosstar in our local paper, the tester said the extra £1,200 for Crosstar body kit not worth it,  otherwise liked the 2020 Jazz ... also said he like the styling of earlier Jazzes better..

The Crossstar is worth it for the suspension and stereo upgrade...

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »
Collected mine. Only done a short drive home (3 mile) but felt very comfortable - in all respects. Tomorrow setting it up to suite me. Report back later on.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 04:07:01 AM »
Watching with interest as I'm very seriously considering switching my 2013 Civic auto to a CrossStar next year.

I like my Civic, never had a single problem,  best car I've ever had in over 50 years but it will be 8 next year even if only on 22k miles.
Let's be careful out there !

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 07:41:55 AM »
Collected mine. Only done a short drive home (3 mile) but felt very comfortable - in all respects. Tomorrow setting it up to suite me. Report back later on.

Keep us up to date. Yesterday I made a downpayment for a 2021 Crosstar - will be picking it up in April. My current lease ends in March.

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 11:25:34 AM »
OK - just been and put everything back in - dash can etc. Started to get my head around controls, display - bit at a time. Just finding it a bit awkward reversing - getting used to the way the throttle works etc - but that will come in tome. Do miss the CD player - but hey - we move more into the modern world!!. More after first full drive. So far so good. Did think the ride on the 3 miles yesterday in town was better that the HRV.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 12:20:44 PM »
Just finding it a bit awkward reversing
I use my rearview camera. Some refer to it as the back bumper.

Tags: