Author Topic: 2nd gen Jazz 2012 - Radio digital display faded, is there a fix?  (Read 738 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 2nd gen Jazz 2012 - Radio digital display faded, is there a fix?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2020, 11:05:42 AM »
LCD displays are sensitive to temperature,  and the highest rated ones go up to 70 deg C...  I suspect in summer in countries like SA and Australia ( and middle east ) the temperature inside modern cars with large area of dash and sloping windscreen could exceed that. 

http://educypedia.karadimov.info/library/tempcomp.pdf
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Comfort Cvt
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2020, 08:44:43 AM »
I was up really early on a cold morning and the display was significantly less faded, almost looked "fixed" so I doubt this issue is related to the polarizer. Once a polarizer is damaged I can't see how cold temps would fix it.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2020, 02:07:43 PM »
I was up really early on a cold morning and the display was significantly less faded, almost looked "fixed" so I doubt this issue is related to the polarizer. Once a polarizer is damaged I can't see how cold temps would fix it.

No, nor me.

You'll have to keep the aircon on  ;)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2020, 04:13:56 PM »
As I said earlier. Perhaps the display is warping as op said it works properly viewed from an acute angle. Maybe as the cabin temperature rises.

Tags: